When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Sportsman year?

-

s1b

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi everyone, I just picked up the Sportsman. I'm really not interested in value being it's a huffy but would like to try to figure out to here. How do you do that on these?

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Looks early to mid seventies. Is that a BMA/6 Certified sticker on the seat tube? That's a seventies thing. I had an earlier Huffy Sportsman with an "English Built" sticker on it from 1964, a Raleigh built bike, beautifully made. This bike is newer.

Looks early to mid seventies. Is that a BMA/6 Certified sticker on the seat tube? That's a seventies thing. I had an earlier Huffy Sportsman with an "English Built" sticker on it from 1964, a Raleigh built bike, beautifully made. This bike is newer.
It is a BMA/6 sticker.
I figured mid 70s but was sure. Rides nice.

-----

Appears someone decided to change pedals.

Is front hub Wald?

Dating: evidently pre-CPSC.

Does anyone know the launch year for these "mag" pattern chainwheels?

-----

Last edited:
Looks like a grip shifting Shimano 333 rear hub. Can just make out the circular gear indicator off of the cable attachment mechanism on the rear axel.
Edit: I believe that mechanism is a bell crank that spins on to the axle

Last edited:
Looks like a grip shifting Shimano 333 rear hub. Can just make out the circular gear indicator off of the cable attachment mechanism on the rear axel.
Edit: I believe that mechanism is a bell crank that spins on to the axle
Rear hub

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

Back