When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Thunderbird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jjry22

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey Gang,
I met with a guy who was selling a few bikes and he had this one in his garage. I know its not a stunner by any means but I'm looking for something to cruise to the store just looking for any words of wisdom from the cabe! Thanks guys

Last edited:
I guess the picture will give you a better idea of what it looks like lol

photo-1.jpg

I'd be in it for about $75, but $100 ain't bad. $100-$300 is typically top retail in perfect condition for these. The highest I've seen are the Huffy Camaros and Silver Jets.

I got one one too.

First bike I collected off e-bay a few years back.
My Huffy Thunderbird was allowed in the the Greenfield Village Motor Muster twice.
They are nice looking bikes with tasteful graphics and color.

Would anyone happen to have a few pictures of the tank? It appears that mine has been gutted with everything except the switch and the old bulbs

Nice Huffy

I'd be in it for about $75, but $100 ain't bad. $100-$300 is typically top retail in perfect condition for these. The highest I've seen are the Huffy Camaros and Silver Jets.

I agree the asking price is fair but, if the tank is empty then the search for the tray is the chore. There are many that need the same part and in finding one in good non rusted condition is hard.
haggle for the low end of $75 explaining the expense and search for the the light parts.....It's all about the tanklights by god.

I have a few pictures of my Eldorado tank switch palte but a real poor picture of the tray. My avatar shows the bassic Murray battery tray. I think the mounting tab on the Huffy is different. Classicfan1 has a good picture of the tray in the following thread. The switch is different on your sought after bike but, the tray should be the same.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...r-Classic-Bicycle-Tank&highlight=light+repair

WHat's a c note for a complete original 40 years old unique to the neighborhood?
More tasteful than the bottled beverage of the same name fo sure.
Chris

Last edited:
Good point

WHat's a c note for a complete original 40 years old unique to the neighborhood?
More tasteful than the bottled beverage of the same name fo sure.
Chris

Whats an additional $25, Why should that break the deal?
But, it's all about haggling, and if anyone is good at it it's Chris.

I hated Thunderbird, I was more of a Boones Farm rockgut newbie drinker back then....ahh famaldihide additive (spelling??).

Filled the tires up as soon as I got home and took it for a cruise.

Last edited:
Back