When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Humble Huffman Dayton

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tomato John

Finally riding a big boys bike
I really like the look of the prewar motor bikes. And especially the Huffmans. I don’t have the $$ nor the knowledge to really do one of these bikes correctly but decided to see what I could put together. I have been acquiring pieces here and there and am trying to put together something that I can ride without breaking the bank.
98DD4BB2-87F8-4AB2-BDB5-D42EAC034E2E.jpeg

So I came across this battered and bent 36 frame and began the process. I have begun mocking up the bike with pieces I have acquired here and there.
B6629302-4E45-4E14-AD68-1581F5F5DE39.jpeg

AA16F322-A704-4257-B4D8-1A1C80F7C565.jpeg

6CA28348-6B06-4B66-A9DA-43A40907CD3D.jpeg

I got this nice badge from @catfish which was pretty sweet. I still haven’t resolved how I am going to attach to the head tube. The original brass button needs some love.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Saddle, chainring, and truss fork from @New Mexico Brant who has really been helpful.
image.jpg
Picked up this cool old rack- no idea what it is but looked good to me

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fenders and bars on the Cabe. Thanks @Hawthornecrazy and @Saving Tempest.

6BB00DA9-CAFD-4DC8-AE4F-4140052B673D.jpeg

CFEBEFED-4ED7-4D9C-B690-6B1AA2FACCA5.jpeg

966D5B18-6749-48EB-8A52-BD201B28408B.jpeg

FB9F7B2E-8004-43AF-9E36-ADAFB44A11B1.jpeg

Now that I have acquired most of the parts to make a reasonably complete bike- I’m undecided as to what I should do. Knowing that it is never going to be more than a complication of mismatch parts, do I just leave it and ride it the way it is? Or rattle can it in some color(s) that match? Don’t know yet but enjoying the process. Would like to hear any thoughts/ advice/ criticism(go easy). J

You can glue the badge to the head tube once you have cleaned up the back so it fits snug and correctly. I used clear silicone and clamped the badge to the head tube with a piece of soft wood cut to the shape of the head tube. Silicone seals well and doesn’t dry hard and you could remove it when needed and clean it all off. Works great.
63D6AC04-CE83-4D6D-AE2F-2A795F4F0F51.jpeg

You can glue the badge to the head tube once you have cleaned up the back so it fits snug and correctly. I used clear silicone and clamped the badge to the head tube with a piece of soft wood cut to the shape of the head tube. Silicone seals well and doesn’t dry hard and you could remove it when needed and clean it all off. Works great.
View attachment 1086305
That’s a great idea. Was brainstorming and all I could come up with was JBWeld. :grimacing: Then I talked myself out of that thankfully. Appreciate your help. Have you sold that battery tube yet? I have been eyeballin’ it. trying to convince myself that I need it.....

Back