When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hungarian Schwinn Cruiser in Germany

-

Majuschka

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Inspired by the Schwinn Beach Cruiser in France thread, I want to show my Schwinn Cruiser 6, made in Hungary. The bike was bought in New York from the previous owner and then shipped to germany. Im on search for new Schwinn parts and Im curious if someone else in germany has Schwinn bikes or parts. Schwinn parts are very rare and hardly available in germany.

The Badge number is: 2453
The Serial number under bottom bracket is: HD307694

1994 built maybe?

Foto 20.09.21, 17 58 56.jpg

Foto 20.09.21, 18 37 33.jpg

I've found a Sakae Swan 60 stem, unfortunately a french size one, means it has a 22.0 diameter instead of 22.2. I fixed the gap with electrical tape to protect it from water. I'm not sure if it holds for long time.

Foto 20.09.21, 17 16 04.jpg

Foto 20.09.21, 17 16 08.jpg

It should be a nice vintage looking bike with new and old (Schwinn) parts.
The bike is far from finished.

I look forward to tips and suggestions for improvement.

Start a major Schwinn collector "fervor" in Germany, explain who Ignaz was and that they can have a true
20th century brilliant leader to worship.
Once his legend is known... We'll be happy to ship all the rare Schwinn parts and bicycles to the eagerly awaiting masses!
This should have happened ages ago, but it's never too late to pump up the awareness.
These bicycles should be more popular than Porsche, VW, and Bratwurst in Germany.
Do what you can.
We can send Schwinn propaganda if need be, leaflets dropped by plane, air lift etc.

Inspired by the Schwinn Beach Cruiser in France thread, I want to show my Schwinn Cruiser 6, made in Hungary. The bike was bought in New York from the previous owner and then shipped to germany. Im on search for new Schwinn parts and Im curious if someone else in germany has Schwinn bikes or parts. Schwinn parts are very rare and hardly available in germany.

The Badge number is: 2453
The Serial number under bottom bracket is: HD307694

1994 built maybe?

View attachment 1482550
View attachment 1482555

I've found a Sakae Swan 60 stem, unfortunately a french size one, means it has a 22.0 diameter instead of 22.2. I fixed the gap with electrical tape to protect it from water. I'm not sure if it holds for long time.

View attachment 1482567

View attachment 1482568

It should be a nice vintage looking bike with new and old (Schwinn) parts.
The bike is far from finished.

I look forward to tips and suggestions for improvement.
Hungary!!! Yes!!! Please!!!

The head badge number is the date the bike was built. If Hungarian built, that would be the 245th day of 1993. Nearing the end of Schwinn.

There are some members here that are from Germany. Some years back I was selling on eBay and many of the my items were shipped to Germany and I've shipped all over the world. For some reason the cost to ship to Germany was quite a bit more than places further away using USPS Global. From what I've read, Schwinn wanted to enter the European market when then invested in that Hungarian factory, so I would have to assume there are Schwinns in your area.

Start a major Schwinn collector "fervor" in Germany, explain who Ignaz was and that they can have a true
20th century brilliant leader to worship.
Once his legend is known... We'll be happy to ship all the rare Schwinn parts and bicycles to the eagerly awaiting masses!
This should have happened ages ago, but it's never too late to pump up the awareness.
These bicycles should be more popular than Porsche, VW, and Bratwurst in Germany.
Do what you can.
We can send Schwinn propaganda if need be, leaflets dropped by plane, air lift etc.

View attachment 1482585
Sounds like a great idea. 😆 I think the demand will be very high in germany.

The head badge number is the date the bike was built. If Hungarian built, that would be the 245th day of 1993. Nearing the end of Schwinn.

There are some members here that are from Germany. Some years back I was selling on eBay and many of the my items were shipped to Germany and I've shipped all over the world. For some reason the cost to ship to Germany was quite a bit more than places further away using USPS Global. From what I've read, Schwinn wanted to enter the European market when then invested in that Hungarian factory, so I would have to assume there are Schwinns in your area.
Thank you! 245th day would be around September the first. Yeah, I will definitely find some Taiwan, China or Hungarian Schwinns around here, but some of the sellers on eBay do not inform themselves, sometimes they sell these bikes for over 800 Euros cause they think they are Chicago bikes.

Back