When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hungarian Schwinn Question

-

B607

Finally riding a big boys bike
Were the Hungarian Schwinn's a one year only production? I have a Hungarian girls cruiser in mint condition I want to sell and want more info on the Hungarian bikes. Thanks. Gary

Were the Hungarian Schwinn's a one year only production? I have a Hungarian girls cruiser in mint condition I want to sell and want more info on the Hungarian bikes. Thanks. Gary

They were early 90's, and only for maybe 2 or 3 years. A better quality bike than the ones built in Taiwan during that era.

Post up some pics of your bike!

I have an Hungary Schwinn too, mine is from 1993, so they definitely built them till then.

They were early 90's, and only for maybe 2 or 3 years. A better quality bike than the ones built in Taiwan during that era.

Post up some pics of your bike!
It's hanging in the basement. I'll get it down and post some pics in the near future. Thanks. Gary

From what I read, after Schwinn was sold to the Scott group it wasn't known if Scott was going to continue the dealings with the Hungarian factory or not. They may have continued on thru the end of that year's production but from what I've gathered they discontinued the relationship after 1993.

Back