When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hungary or tiawan?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
dont know these very well says its got orig tires so they should say schwinn,is this a tiawan,or hungary,thats all the info i have right,she wants $125.00
37224044_1183657171791729_3342155365755125760_n.jpg

I had a Black one with those decals but it was a 5 speed. Didn't know where it was made but it was a POS. Made around 1990 I believe and the Hungarian factory was still being used then. They say the Taiwan bikes were better quality than the Hungarian bikes. I flipped that bike real quick.

I have a yellow Hungarian Schwinn. It says Made in Hungary and Heavy Duty. It has stainless fenders. This looks like a Taiwan bike.

I think the Taiwan bikes were made by Giant,The serial numbers began with the letter G

I have a yellow Hungarian Schwinn. It says Made in Hungary and Heavy Duty. It has stainless fenders. This looks like a Taiwan bike.
Is the chainguard rear mount located in the same place as this one? BTW what year is yours? This is said to have been a heavy duti. Asked the guy for the serial number but he said he's not home.
Screenshot_20190330-145412_01.jpg

I know the later Heavy- Duti's, at least many of them, were made in Hungary. The imported bikes had that chain guard mounting tab on the seat stay. A Taiwan bike may have "Taiwan" cast on the crank. lol
55901816_275990386671676_5792507291286634496_n.jpg

would the serial number help? im thinking its probably not a schwinn at all. vintage nor modern.

Back