When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hungary or tiawan?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
would the serial number help? im thinking its probably not a schwinn at all. vintage nor modern.

The serial won't help me but I'm guessing very late 80's or 90's. That red frame is just as much a Schwinn as this one. Same guard and guard mount. Look at the funky bend in the cantilever bars, truly unique for that halfa$$ look. lol

1554000152926.png

Depends. Murrays, Western Flyers, Rollfast/Wards and AMF types had different shaped if not smaller cantis and if they had a tank a Schwinn tank was probably the wrong size. THAT was true (maybe not King Size) from 193something to the day the frame they were just another Huffy.

But yeah I think that's a Schwinn. My yellow Heavy-Duti was maybe a '91 and only had a single top bar, no canti.

Last edited:
My friend went to Hungary to set up Schwinn's computers. According to No Hands, the rise and fall of Schwinn, Hungary was a disaster. The bikes were called refinery bikes because they were used for industry and also rental. Mine was made in the 1990's. Mississippi was not much better. Then they found China. Have your library buy you the book or go to Amazon. My Hungarian was bought to put on a Whizzer. The belly is big enough.

Back