When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting for Tires...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DaughtersNewBike

On Training Wheels
Does anyone know where I can look for tires for a vintage Murray Mercury trike? Big tire in the front, 20x1.75, and the tears are 12x1.75. Having a hard time finding any. Thank you!

You can post a "wanted" listing in the appropriate classified forum on the CABE. I know a few CABE members have NOS tires in tricycle sizes. Ebay sellers also have NOS semi-pneumatic tires in those sizes from time to time. On ebay search by: "Top Flight", "Clipper", "Swan", "Goodyear", "Firestone", and "Orco Air King". Those were some of the most common makers of trike tires. You might want to add "tricycle tire" or other trike tire related search words to "Goodyear" and "Firestone" so you don't get loads of car tire listings. Other searches include: "NOS tricycle tire", "vintage tricycle tire", "semi-pneumatic tire", "solid rubber tire", and "hard rubber tire". Those are some of the titles I've seen sellers use. That should get you to most of the tire listings for the trike sizes. Oh, and you could also search by the sizes needed - "12x1.75 tire" and "20x1.75 tire". When you find the tires and are ready to replace them, you'll need to heat the rubber up in scalding to boiling water which softens the rubber making it more pliable and stretchy. Don't try putting on a cold tire. It won't work and you'll risk splitting the tire as I did. Almost thought I was getting it all the way on the rim and then it split conpletely open.:(

Dave

Last edited:
Google C and N pedal cars, if they don’t have what you need I think they can tell you where to go.

Good luck- Mike

Back