When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huret Speedometer Cable ID?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eyefrommn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello Cabers. I was going through my speedo cables and found a pack of these Huret cables. Trying to identify them. The ends (ID, OD and end thickness) are different from one another. I'm guessing with the two different collars and end thicknesses that these may me moped cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated. SPECS:
6mm housing diameter
One end: 16mm outer collar diameter, 11mm inner collar diameter, 2.5mm square end
The other end: 14mm outer collar diameter, 10mm inner collar diameter, 1.8mm square end
26" overall cable length
25 1/4" outside collar to outside collar
24 1/2" inside collar to inside collar

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6065.JPG

Are you a member on the Schwinnbikeforum? Andy G is the Huret speedo expert and I'm sure he could answer your questions.

Looks like you got the answer from Andy. 👍

View attachment 1765311
Thanks for your detailed reply. There were two Huret housing/core sets (NIP) in the supply I had with these housing/core sets. While they look similar to Huret at first glance, upon closer inspection these cables/cores are definitely different, especially the ends and collars, as you said. Perhaps VDO. Stewart Warner appear to have different ends and collars as well. I'm hoping that I can figure this one out, as I have 50 of them, NOS and would like to correctly identify them and reasonably sell them to those in need.

Thanks for the help. I was able to determine that the cables are Dorcy for Japanese speedometers.

Thanks for informing us what those were for. I don't remember ever coming across one of those Dorcy pieces so I checked them out on eBay. Very few for sale unlike the Huret speedo's. Craig Morrow has a couple for sale and in his listing it says he's sold 110 pieces. And since he uses the same listing page keeping it active, that total could be the total sold for the last 10+ years.

Back