When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurried Bikes? Help with ID and Info Requested

-

bthoff

Look Ma, No Hands!
At a community bike organization today I came across a "his and hers" set of unfamiliar cruiser bikes. Anyone know this marque? It doesn't appear to be Nottingham ...wondering if it's from the continent though. Has that cruiser style. Not a Sturmey Hub.
IMG_20220621_143956422_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220621_144020678.jpg

IMG_20220621_144009286.jpg

IMG_20220621_144025338.jpg

-----

unfamiliar with this marque

they "look" like they could issue from the low countries

for that would expect them to exhibit a factory installed wheel lock
& factory installed lighting

propstands appear they may be a replica of a Trygg pattern

don't be surprised if they turn out to be replicas of european machines produced in a land such as India, Indonesia or Malaysia

have you found any markings/names on any of the fittings?

what is the red frame lying on the floor, the one with a white seat tube panel?

-----

Last edited:
-----

don't be surprised if they turn out to be replicas of european machines produced in a land such as India, Indonesia or Malaysia

-----
Thank you - good thoughts. No idea about the red bike. There were hundreds there (mostly box store bikes but a few good vintage ones) and I only had a few minutes. But I will be back.

-----

expect you quickly discovered that name is one impossible to search on...

looks like it may be a challenge for you

examining closely the machines for markings may be your best avenue to proceed
another possible path might be to try to contact the donor(s)
they may have purchased the cycles during overseas travel

checked over at BF for you for both the Hurried marque and for the Winston saddle marque...neither ever mentioned

looks like you are talking a marque which is very much under the radar

checked the CL editions for India, Indonesia and Malaysia without any hits for "Hurried bicycle"

best wishes with your exploration

-----

Last edited:
-----

& factory installed lighting

-----
It looks like a Peugeot road frame to me.

It looks like a Peugeot road frame to me.
-----

thank you so much.

its excellent to have that much now well sorted! 😉

see 'er now. looks to be mid-to-late sixties era when the DURAX chainsets were being fitted with Cyclo chainwheels of a 36/52 dentition.

-----

Last edited:
Update: on closer inspection the rear fender contained a stamp "Dansk Patent" so the bikes are Danish.

The red bike on the floor is a Peugeot road frame.

-----

thank you

keep in mind that a Danish patent does not necessarily mean a product of Danish origin, yes, that is very likely the case but not a "dead cert"

there is the possibilty they could have been manufactured elsewhere under license

-----

-----

thank you

keep in mind that a Danish patent does not necessarily mean a product of Danish origin, yes, that is very likely the case but not a "dead cert"

there is the possibilty they could have been manufactured elsewhere under license

----

Fair! Although there was also a partially rubbed out Made in D---mark sticker that felt persuasive. I buried the lede on that.....that's on me.

The baby seat, "coat guard" over the rear wheel and the single speed/coaster brake sure indicate Netherlands or Belgium, although most of Denmark is pancake flat too. What is the make of the hub? A German bike would probably have a tire brake/"stempel bremse" on the front wheel, and a quick search at a German forum-https://www.altesrad.net/ - turned up nothing for "Hurried". They could be Japanese- for some reason the brand name seems like something they would use. The rear hub could help pin that down. What are the grips made of on the Ladies bike?

Back