When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hutch Trick Star II

-

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello,
This is not my frame but I may possibly be able to get it. Not sure as of yet.
I know that these go for pretty substantial prices but I can’t find much on the Trick Star II. When was this version made?
Wondering what this frame might be going for.
Thanks

Looks like maybe an ‘87 per the link below. The challenge with a bare frame today if you’ll be upside down so quickly when buying the correct vintage BMX parts. Good luck with it!

Looks like maybe an ‘87 per the link below. The challenge with a bare frame today if you’ll be upside down so quickly when buying the correct vintage BMX parts. Good luck with it!

Yep been upside down on a few previous bikes before but not on this one as it won’t be my project. Would be great for someone that may already have some available parts to get it going.

TS2 were after hutch moved to over seas. They were producing them in Taiwan and they were lower quality then the original trick star that was made there after 1985. The really valuable ones are US made trick stars (1984 & early 85) and race bikes like Hollywood. However there are still fanatics out there who love the TS2 as these days they are kind if rare. They have a weak point at the rear dropouts from what I heard. Value is so subjective. If I had all the other parts (but the frame) for that bike and I had one as a kid I’d pay a lot. Just the frame like that? I’d pay A few hundred. Looks to be original finish. Nice example

I really like the look of these. Different but as mentioned they are later and non US. If no fork thats proabbaly going to cost some serious if you can find. Not to mention everything else.

Back