When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HYPER FORMANCE INVENTORY BOUGHT

-
Ok thanks there has to be a better way for sure campus green you can find but my other varsity is chestnut and no body sells it because it was not a stingray color but since I am retired I making it my mission on this I was thinking if you used a aluminum base
Coat the Rallye green would work there anothing color Camaros used and that was senregy green
I think I miss spell it
Also have look in to that lazes thing
Here is Chestnut. I have used this paint in a different shade and it worked out well. You can read how I did it in the restoration forum "how to Schwinn show quality paint start to finish"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Sti...834947&hash=item33d227a419:g:K8AAAOxy2FZSPc27

Half pints of paint went from Pete's $52 to Koolestuff's $70. Considering it takes more than a half pint for a factory Schwinn match, you're looking at $210 for the base coats alone to paint a bike. One half pint of aluminum is enough.

It was already expensive, now it's outrageous.
If you are using more than 8 oz of candy color, there is something wrong. Maybe you mean with a silver base first, it is more? And as far as the silver base goes, you can purchase at an auto paint supplier. getting a silver base is easy and much cheaper that way.

I have herd that Sherwin Williams paint is the formula Schwinn used not for sure my self but I have seen it some were
if you have a koi auto store close take it there and thay have a scanner that thay use to get paint codes
and could mix you a spray can of it worth a try.

On Petes old website there was a guy in Minnesota that he referred for painting. He painted my Stingray a few years ago and I remember that he was in Long Lake Minn, but I can't I find his contact info. Does anybody remember who he was ?

There is a forrest paint in Eugene and they can computer colour match any paint sample you take in. I would assume most other fairly large towns would have shops with similar capabilities.

Stingray 1 copy.JPG

Yes, Dave Erickson painted this. I'm doing a Typhoon, but I can probably find someone local since it's going to be black.

Back