When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HYPER FORMANCE INVENTORY BOUGHT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok thanks there has to be a better way for sure campus green you can find but my other varsity is chestnut and no body sells it because it was not a stingray color but since I am retired I making it my mission on this I was thinking if you used a aluminum base
Coat the Rallye green would work there anothing color Camaros used and that was senregy green
I think I miss spell it
Also have look in to that lazes thing
Here is Chestnut. I have used this paint in a different shade and it worked out well. You can read how I did it in the restoration forum "how to Schwinn show quality paint start to finish"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Sti...834947&hash=item33d227a419:g:K8AAAOxy2FZSPc27

Half pints of paint went from Pete's $52 to Koolestuff's $70. Considering it takes more than a half pint for a factory Schwinn match, you're looking at $210 for the base coats alone to paint a bike. One half pint of aluminum is enough.

It was already expensive, now it's outrageous.
If you are using more than 8 oz of candy color, there is something wrong. Maybe you mean with a silver base first, it is more? And as far as the silver base goes, you can purchase at an auto paint supplier. getting a silver base is easy and much cheaper that way.

I have herd that Sherwin Williams paint is the formula Schwinn used not for sure my self but I have seen it some were
if you have a koi auto store close take it there and thay have a scanner that thay use to get paint codes
and could mix you a spray can of it worth a try.

On Petes old website there was a guy in Minnesota that he referred for painting. He painted my Stingray a few years ago and I remember that he was in Long Lake Minn, but I can't I find his contact info. Does anybody remember who he was ?

There is a forrest paint in Eugene and they can computer colour match any paint sample you take in. I would assume most other fairly large towns would have shops with similar capabilities.

Stingray 1 copy.JPG

Yes, Dave Erickson painted this. I'm doing a Typhoon, but I can probably find someone local since it's going to be black.

Back