When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hypothetical Serious Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Trying to find a local person in need/want of this ride, hopefully a youngster that would enjoy it. Most of the kids around here have multi-speed MTBs so I don't know if I'll be successful.I don't have a lot of space to store bikes and need the room for my next project. This one is made up from the parts pile.

20210301_130404.jpg

I guess the word Givin and Donated are the same ,,for instance,,Our Restored 41Black Schwinn DX done up by Da Grate Bob You,,or our 1950 Schwinn 20 inch Spitfire,,let alone Tons of Lit.,,display boxes,ETC all goes to our Local Bike Museum here in Downtown Fairfax Calif.,,

I have given away bikes,no not total strangers but I have passed on good bikes on someones word that the person it was going to was in need. I trusted that person so i guess not a stranger. I see a family who walks past my house and into the park they have a kid who I can see marvels at my kids on there bikes. She should be old enough to ride this year and I have a bike all ready to offer for her if i see them this year. It did not cost me anything but a little time.

I respect that to everyone posting. I know it's different than an expensive bike but it's that character. I have offered free bikes but couldn't give them away. I wanted to let the parents do some of the work/let them learn/work on them with their kids. Simple stuff like a chain swap on cleaned up parts. You know the things we take foreganted 'cause we've done it so many times it's 2nd nature.

Yep, helping someone learn about their bike while it's being built is another satisfying endeavor! Done that a few times with neighborhood kids. ;) I just love bikes and helping someone find the joy they can bring. :)

I may also put stipulations on bikes I give away to people I know. Like: "you have to maintain a 3.5 gpa or better" or "random acts of kindness". I've never had to ask for a bike back or if they have kept their end of the bargain. They usually offer proof without being prompted. And that puts a smile on my face.

Yep, helping someone learn about their bike while it's being built is another satisfying endeavor! Done that a few times with neighborhood kids. ;) I just love bikes and helping someone find the joy they can bring. :)

I may also put stipulations on bikes I give away to people I know. Like: "you have to maintain a 3.5 gpa or better" or "random acts of kindness". I've never had to ask for a bike back or if they have kept their end of the bargain. They usually offer proof without being prompted. And that puts a smile on my face.
See that would be me both ways. If you or anyone gave me something; even a bare bone frame in need of a lot or some repairs. I'd be so tickled & probably annoy you with every little step as it comes back to bein' a rider. Some people don't get how good that makes you feel both ways. Especially if you look at it as priceless but it's not about the Almighty $

Back