When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hypothetical Serious Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I tossed this Electra Sunny 7 to a local Vet after his bike was stolen off the Bus rack he was riding on while he fell asleep. No respect!
It was a commuter bike I rode daily for a few years. He was as stoked to receive it as I was to hand it over!

I tossed this Electra Sunny 7 to a local Vet after his bike was stolen off the Bus rack he was riding on while he fell asleep. No respect!
It was a commuter bike I rode daily for a few years. He was as stoked to receive it as I was to hand it over!
View attachment 1374834
I hate a thief !!! Hell yeah I bet he felt brand new & that awesome feeling you get when you make somebody's bad situation 1 of their Best Memories

I gave away my bmx bike from when I was a kid about 10 years ago to a girl i was datings little cousin that was into bmx and his family is dirt poor now I had $1000 into it and let him know to make sure he took care of it well now I have kids and would love to still have it I was able to find him but unfortunately the bike was stolen I highly doubt I will ever see it again but then again you never know

I gave away my bmx bike from when I was a kid about 10 years ago to a girl i was datings little cousin that was into bmx and his family is dirt poor now I had $1000 into it and let him know to make sure he took care of it well now I have kids and would love to still have it I was able to find him but unfortunately the bike was stolen I highly doubt I will ever see it again but then again you never know
Man that sucks!!! I have gave away a bunch of klunkers when I was a teen living in New Bern before moving to SC again. All built from parts I got from the city dump. Had the only Diamond back I ever owned & built from the dump stolen out of the yard when I was 13. I don't remember much other than I had put white racing discs on the wheels & I seen 2 Mexicans on it like the next day. I tried telling my dad to call the cops but he said just put together another bike as they wouldn't do anything. My German Shepherd Spike then started guarding the front yard. If he wouldn't let you out of the car; You'd best crack the window & hope he wasn't going to get on the hood of your car or truck. Hahaha. He wouldn't let anyone he didn't know out & if you were on that side of the road next to the house he'd dare you for the length of it

Ohhh & somebody stole a aluminum Mongoose mtn bike here too. I put new tubes in it & was going to remove the stickers & high polish it. I have a good feeling where it went to be poorly painted entirely red & black faded :rage: Hate Thieves!!!

To date, I have approximately 2 yrs of intense "Heavy-Mental" invested into my Folk Art bicycle project thus far, and more money and beer than I'd like to admit. Dam nickle & dimes!
Whereas ,when the bike is finished here soon, I plan on giving it away for free to my Doctor named Barry Martin who I met a couple of years ago, so not really a stranger, but....
Dr. Martin is a 28yr Army veteran "plastic-surgeon" who has served 8 active tour of duties and routinely served as resident doc at Walter Reed Medical Center between tours. He now resides here in So.Dakota and loves our Bad Lands Region...PaHaSaPa (Sunsets over the Black Hills).
He is an avid bicyclist and has a hotty girlfriend who enjoys lifestyle bikes and riding them to coffee shops, downtown events, etc. The Doc ain't got no darn lifestyle bike though...yet:)

So this bike build has been for the doctor and he has NO idea its coming to fruition thus far, so surely he will be granted a right-of-1st-refusal, that is, if he decides he doesn't like it or want to ride it, or doesn't have that same girl friend anymore. Hoping that is not the case here as I'd be butt hurt unbeknownst to him.
In the event that he declines my offer, I'm gonna hope a "Caber" may want it and enjoy riding it half as much as I have building it...what a Riot.
Thanks for asking this question, as it provided me an opertunity to share my build history....Art Saves Lives~

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

This is a question with no easy answer for me:
As far as vintage/antique bicycles, Im not giving any of them away for free especially since Im not a rich man myself and I still manage to have the bikes Ive always dreamt of owning. My take on it is, if you REALLY want it, and you really love them, you will make it happen by any means necessary. Im a wheeler-dealer and a hustler so I jump thru hoops on the daily to be able to ride and build the bikes I love and I really want to see that in someone else too before I will consider assistance.
I have friends who are in the same position as me financially and are down to work their butt off for what they want and for those friends I have sold bikes for half of their value and I will give them parts as I find them to help them make things road worthy.
Basically if you're on fire for this and passionate, I will do what i can to stoke that fire in you and help you achieve your goals but if you just dont wanna spend the money and want it for free, then no bike for you.

To date, I have approximately 2 yrs of intense "Heavy-Mental" invested into my Folk Art bicycle project thus far, and more money and beer than I'd like to admit. Dam nickle & dimes!
Whereas ,when the bike is finished here soon, I plan on giving it away for free to my Doctor named Barry Martin who I met a couple of years ago, so not really a stranger, but....
Dr. Martin is a 28yr Army veteran "plastic-surgeon" who has served 8 active tour of duties and routinely served as resident doc at Walter Reed Medical Center between tours. He now resides here in So.Dakota and loves our Bad Lands Region...PaHaSaPa (Sunsets over the Black Hills).
He is an avid bicyclist and has a hotty girlfriend who enjoys lifestyle bikes and riding them to coffee shops, downtown events, etc. The Doc ain't got no darn lifestyle bike though...yet:)

So this bike build has been for the doctor and he has NO idea its coming to fruition thus far, so surely he will be granted a right-of-1st-refusal, that is, if he decides he doesn't like it or want to ride it, or doesn't have that same girl friend anymore. Hoping that is not the case here as I'd be butt hurt unbeknownst to him.
In the event that he declines my offer, I'm gonna hope a "Caber" may want it and enjoy riding it half as much as I have building it...what a Riot.
Thanks for asking this question, as it provided me an opertunity to share my build history....Art Saves Lives~

View attachment 1377588

View attachment 1377589

View attachment 1377590
Now you have me interested in what's being built; that has that Tony Stark/Iron Man vibe going on in a Art flavour.

Back