When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyslop motorbike, 1922

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rick Wolfe has one of the earliest Hislop bikes 1890,s I know of and it is pretty neat. But I don't have a picture of it. Has a brake in the crank if my memory is correct.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.59.40 PM.png

The fenders are the 1" drop side type. That is certainly the correct ring. As far as all other related parts are concerned, I will assemble these as close to what the catalogue description is. That's all I can do. It's going to be a representation, nothing more, but the correct chain ring will be important! The project will not more forward without it. As for the frame/truss, I am good with the Elgin of the period as a platform.
Cool project! Good for you. Canadian bikes are too often overlooked in the grand scheme of things based on low production and sparse population density. I myself am guilty of shifting ( no pun intended) my tastes to the more "spacelike" American ballooners, whereas I focused on CCM and all things Canadian ( see pic) in my early collecting days. Cheers!

Bob ( not sure you can open this?)

Attachments

• airflow 1.pdf
    995 KB · Views: 86
Back