When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m designing a bicycle rack for a school project...

-

TheEnginerd

On Training Wheels
I’m designing a bicycle storage rack for a school project. It’s going to be one of those two tier ones you see in shops. The shop I work at doesn’t have one yet and it’s cheaper to build it ourselves and I can get a grade for it. So I’m wondering if there’s ever been a cool feature you’ve thought of that would be cool on a rack? What do some of y’all look for in a storage rack? Any ideas and input are greatly appreciated. I assume some of y’all here have been around many shops to see what works and what doesn’t.

Thanks!!!

Im getting ready to also build a two tier "Rudy Rack' style rack. I will be using cedar for the bike trays and Black Iron pipe for the framing. Keep us updated on your progress, Id like to see what you come up with!

I built two of these years ago, 2 x 4's and roller wheels. There's a 2 x 2 across the bottom, to tie it together, and give the back tires something to sit against, so they're not swinging all over. I don't think it's on in this pic.

I built two of these years ago, 2 x 4's and roller wheels. There's a 2 x 2 across the bottom, to tie it together, and give the back tires something to sit against, so they're not swinging all over. I don't think it's on in this pic.
View attachment 1301791
I have something very similar I repurposed from the metal framework of an old garden trampoline.
Very useful.

Back