When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m in favor of rat bikes!

-
No offense taken bud..everyone is untitled to their own opinion..speaking of which..I’ve had many, many people tell me that “Tuco” my take on a “rat rod bike” is the very epitome of it..his image has been used countless times to define what a “rat rod bike” should look like..he was also the first non-motorized cycle to be featured in Old Skool Rodz magazine..a leading publication of the rat rod culture so their are some out there who believe the bike I built is; in their opinion, the definition of a “rat rod bike”..
View attachment 992678

View attachment 992679
It's all good. Different strokes for different folks i always say Brother! w hat month and year is that story from? I used to subscribe to the rag, but then dee the gal that sold the subs stopped coming to simco. Oh well.

That's part of a true KLUNKER bike is the mismatched wheels. All my rats have that special feature. I built up a old middle weight raleigh three years ago and painted the front wheel black rattle can flat with a Blackwall rib tire and the back wheel is gloss rattle can red with an old white wall 26" slick. Looks pretty trick if i do say so myself. Enjoy. Razin. Itchie Scratchie, Brother!!
Hmmm, in that case I say you should post a photo so we can ooogle it:)

Not sure if he grasps the concept of a Klunker bike
Yeah, Rat's and Klunkers are a bit different....Dude, your bike is super kick butt!!
I've yet to build a Klunker but may get a hankering. There is some of the best mountain biking in CT right up the street from me on Soap Stone Mountain...Maybe find me some super cool Moto Bike and slap a 7 speed, Rock Shock on it and the biggest brakes I can find. I'll point that bad boy down the hill and - Pray that I stay right where I am and not get killed or really beat up from being stupid!!!

Yeah, Rat's and Klunkers are a bit different....Dude, your bike is super kick butt!!
I've yet to build a Klunker but may get a hankering. There is some of the best mountain biking in CT right up the street from me on Soap Stone Mountain...Maybe find me some super cool Moto Bike and slap a 7 speed, Rock Shock on it and the biggest brakes I can find. I'll point that bad boy down the hill and - Pray that I stay right where I am and not get killed or really beat up from being stupid!!!
Thanks bud..they are fun to build..I built a Klunker Year’s ago and ran a Nexus 7..super fun to ride and bomb hills with..guy loved it more than me and I sold it..want to build another someday
5DFC26FB-D319-4129-A282-5012ED3D36DA.jpeg

Back