When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m in favor of rat bikes!

-a
~
%
OAuth Error:2001

z
Am I there yet?

AC2A324D-ADA6-43DC-BAB6-710BDE712390.jpeg

20191011_191011 (1).jpg

Got this as a bare frame from a pile of scrap metal. Someone had poorly welded an extra bottom bracket on it, which I promptly ground off. Found the Murray tank at a swap meet years ago. Ladies seat. The pedals were nos when I got them. Just a pieced together bike but this one is the one that non bike enthusiasts always seem to like the most.

The above seem quite nice to be rats, mine actually smells like one. Got this for ten bucks on a back road hoping it help me (hungover) get about at a campground i was headed to. Well ,,,,found it was run over, forks and wheel shifted 2 inches to left, i sweat enough to double the rust on the bike . I re run it over and straightened it, bars are great for a dirtbiker who prefers to stand.View attachment 1084193
Love the antler install, sweeeet

60s columbia firebolt frame with a mix of goodies out of the stash, made a shift lever setup for the dana 3 speed, still need to run a cable for the disk break and wire the lights to the generator hub, first ride today, rides really smooth. I love a fun winter project to keep sane.
Cheers

Screenshot_20200210-172643.png

Screenshot_20200210-172613.png

Screenshot_20200210-172626.png

Screenshot_20200210-172632.png

Screenshot_20200210-172638.png

Kids Rat or is it a Klunker View attachment 1138401
I have been calling these KLUNKER bikes since i had my first one in the 60's. Rat bikes is a loosely used term by all these YUPPY creeps who wouldn't know the difference if it BIT them In their ARSE!! P.S. My first one was an old 30's Columbia that was a Pure Klunker bike. 26" boys frame skip tooth, Hi rise bars, Springer set and no fenders or guard. Man i wish i still had that one. Ride On. Razin.

The OG klunkers I've known & built were stripped down ( especially no fenders or hi rise bars! ) with no extra weight or unneeded parts built strictly for off road use ( pre mountain bike ) with HD parts so when my klunkers have tanks, racks & guards I guess they can fit in either thread but I'd call most of these bike on this thread " RatRods", I guess I should have posted my Hawthorne ( Silver King ) in post #88 should be just in the Klunker thread.

The OG klunkers I've known & built were stripped down ( especially no fenders or hi rise bars! ) with no extra weight or unneeded parts built strictly for off road use ( pre mountain bike ) with HD parts so when my klunkers have tanks, racks & guards I guess they can fit in either thread but I'd call most of these bike on this thread " RatRods", I guess I should have posted my Hawthorne ( Silver King ) in post #88 should be just in the Klunker thread.
Your not grasping what i just posted. MY BIKES WERE BUILT IN the 60's long before their was even anything close to mtn bikes and all mine were road bikes. And my Columbia Rambler already had the hi rise bars on it when my dad bought after my Hiawatha got ripped off. I guess some people just don"t get it. P.S. Og klunkers, Don't really exist!! The old style ones were built that way. Go figure!!

Back