When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I always wanted a '69 Camaro

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tidewater

Finally riding a big boys bike
The 4 wheel RS/SS variety was what I had in mind, but this one was much more affordable.:)

th_69HuffyCamaro-1.jpg
Fresh off the truck.
69HuffyCamaroA-1.jpg
15 minutes later, it's ready to ride.

On my bike ride yesterday I noticed a pile of old bikes behind someones garage. I stopped and inquired with the lady of the house. She gave me permission to look at what was there but would not sell anything without speaking to her husband. I approached the pile and at first was disappointed with what I was seeing. There were about a dozen bikes in the pile, a tangled mess of mostly low end Huffy, Amf, and Murray bikes from the 70's, 80's and 90's. A combination of beatup bmx and 10 speeds but through the tangle I caught a glimpse of a green luggage rack. I dug through the pile until I pulled this out of it. I expressed my desire to purchase the bike but again the lady would not budge without her husband's permission. I went back today and made a low offer, the owner countered and for ten bucks I've got a camaro. It's not too pretty, not worth much, and missing the tank but now it's mine.

The bike came off of my truck sporting a 24" wheel on the front, and a Persons saddle that will look much better on a yard ornament project. I swapped out the front wheel and replaced the Persons saddle with a good Troxel that I picked up, badda-bing badda- boom I've got another rider.:cool:

Girl's Camaros are very common, especially in white and pink. However, ANY boy's frame Camaro is VERY difficult to find. I've only seen a couple and thats over the internet, never in person. But, do a bit of polishing and cleaning, find a tank and you will have one cool, rare, Huffy. Sweet color!

Love this story; this bike is an even nicer Huffy (by far) than the '61 my friend in Dallas just bought on CL for $75.

Back