When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am looking for information for this Armstrong bicycle.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Fabián76

On Training Wheels
I need information to identify this Armstrong. I was looking at some publications and I saw that it may be from the year 1936 but I am missing some more information.
It has several original parts, the wheel is 28 x 1 1/2. In a post on that forum I saw a similar one but the chain rings are not the same. I posted a photograph in which you can see the rings of the chain with the "Armstrong" logo, maybe it can help you know the year.
Thank you very much and greetings from Uruguay.

bicicleta.jpg

Bici1.jpg

Bici2.jpg

Bici3.jpg

bicicleta4.jpg

bicicleta5.jpg

Last edited:
What rear hub does it have and are the wheels 28 inch or 26
Hello, thank you for your question. I don't understand what you mean by “rear hub” since my English is not very good, maybe here in Uruguay we call that part something else.
It is 28 inches.
Thanks again.

Hi, nice bike in very good condition.
First look at this thread:

Then, please take some very clear pictures of the headbadge and any other decals.

It looks like yours may be missing the chain cover. To start, I'd say pre WW2 but the kind of headbadge and decals will narrow it to 20s, 30s or 40s.
Also, if the hubs (wheel centers) are stamped Armstrong and what type of oil/grease fittings are there.
Very nice... 👍

Hi, nice bike in very good condition.
First look at this thread:

Then, please take some very clear pictures of the headbadge and any other decals.

It looks like yours may be missing the chain cover. To start, I'd say pre WW2 but the kind of headbadge and decals will narrow it to 20s, 30s or 40s.
Also, if the hubs (wheel centers) are stamped Armstrong and what type of oil/grease fittings are there.
Very nice... 👍
Hello, thank you very much for your response. The material you have sent me is very interesting.
Unfortunately there is no decal or insignia, its previous owner bought it in very poor condition as it was abandoned in a barn. He restored it by giving it some paint and cleaning the parts. The wheels appear to be original, the seat is not original I'm almost sure of that. As for the badge that would be located on the front, under the handlebar, it is not there either but it has two small screws located vertically. However, I have found on another site on the internet a bicycle similar to mine and the badge matches the location of the screws as it would go on my bicycle. I am sending a screenshot I took for you to analyze.
I hope this helps, I will continue researching and I hope to be able to find an original part for my bicycle although here in Uruguay it is very difficult.
Best wishes to you, see you soon.
Badge.png

Going through pics of many bikes and asking on the UK Facebook English bike forums I found that Armstrong used Metal head badges in the beginning and in the end. In between it was decals. The dates are roughly 1922-1930 and then 1950 till sold in 1952 when the metal head badge was carried on. The later badge is much different than the first. Their head badges from their start in 1922 showed a man holding up the world and then a barbell.
If your bike has head badge screw holes, considering the pedals, frame style, crank style and rear facing dropouts with a rear fork, yours certainly must be a pre 1930 bike.
Unless you can find date code numbers on individual parts, that's as good a date range as I know how to give. I'm afraid the serial number doesn't do any good since there are no records for those.

Be careful with those pedals, they are extremely rare. You'll never find another pair in that great condition. I've only seen them in terrible condition. The rubber blocks will most likely chip off if you pedal with them, and having "Armstrong" moulded into them is just great. Finding early English bikes in good condition is a very rare thing. They were used as daily transportation in all weather.

Armstrong made a lot of bikes but not much is known about the pre-war bikes. It is thought that the war-time scrap drives took most of them. The better ones known are ones like yours and mine that somehow found their way out of England and were used in better weather conditions.

Back