When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am not knowing…seeking pedals for prewar Hawthorne

-

Chadillac

MY WALLET'S GONE! MY WALLET'S GONE!
I’m reviving a 1935 Wards Hawthorne moto bike. It came to me with no pedals. What pedals would be correct for this year/model? I’ve never put much thought into or even hunted certain pedals before but the bike is so original it must have them. Thanks!

It’s a men’s frame. Here’s a pic. Thanks,

image.jpg

I also believe I’m missing a spacer for the rear top fender stay. I’ve read that these were converted from 28” to 26”. The bottom stay has a spacer.

image.jpg

Torrington 8 or 10 pedals. Spacers used on transition bikes where both 26 and 28 tires were available. The spacers aren't too difficult to find. Ether here or Ebay, they come up and not expensive.
Thanks! I’ll look into those pedals. Can you tell me what the difference is between the 8 and 10?

Forgot to mention. On Torrington pedals "Made In USA" should be stamped on front facing out. If stamped USA on back shaft side, they are post war pedals. The 10's are the "big block" pedals and were top of line. 8's have bit smaller rubber blocks otherwise look identical except the 10 or 8 on face. Google here and you will finf both.

Forgot to mention. On Torrington pedals "Made In USA" should be stamped on front facing out. If stamped USA on back shaft side, they are post war pedals. The 10's are the "big block" pedals and were top of line. 8's have bit smaller rubber blocks otherwise look identical except the 10 or 8 on face. Google here and you will finf both.
Ok, very good to know. Thank you

Back