When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am not knowing…seeking pedals for prewar Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Usually bit different. Heres a link to a set here on the Cabe. I think your bike is Synder bilt. Old post, mite still be for sale or you can list in parts wanted. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/pre-war-fender-spacers.189159/
I found the spacer I need pretty cheap and clean on eBay. Looking like a decent set of T8s T10s are going to hurt a little. I’ll be shopping around for those. Thanks for all your assistance on this, this has been a lot more effective than google!

What size seat post are you using now; does the seat post bottom-out where the truss tube of the frame joins the seat tube mast?
What size seat post are you using now; does the seat post bottom-out where the truss tube of the frame joins the seat tube mast?
It does not bottom out.
The aftermarket post that was in the bike is straight and slightly smaller than 7/8”diameter. Should be a tiny bit more snug in the frame. It holds in place height wise but still had enough play to slide left right in the tube with gentle force. It tapers at the top to 5/8” inch for the seat clamp.

The lucky 7 post I have is 5/8” throughout. Exact measure as the top of the straight post.

Post-war Snyder used an odd 27/32” post without shims, exactly in between 7/8” and the more common 13/16”.

I have not checked the outside diameter of the pre-war shims that I have seen.

Last edited:
It does not bottom out.
The aftermarket post that was in the bike is straight and slightly smaller than 7/8”diameter. Should be a tiny bit more snug in the frame. It holds in place height wise but still had enough play to slide left right in the tube with gentle force. It tapers at the top to 5/8” inch for the seat clamp.

The lucky 7 post I have is 5/8” throughout. Exact measure as the top of the straight po
Post-war Snyder used an odd 27/32” post without shims, exactly in between 7/8” and the more common 13/16”.

I have not checked the outside diameter of the shims that I have seen.
This is a 1935 and every other one I’ve seen pictures of has a shim for the 7 seat post. Hoping the 5/8” one I have isn’t too small and there is a shim for it out there somewhere.

Back