When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

-
My first skate board had metal wheels. I took a strap-on roller skate apart and used the front and rear halves and screwd them to a 1" x 6".

s-l300.jpg

Took the other skate and made an orange crate scooter

skatebook_img002.jpg

Yeah, crate scooters and push go carts with metal street skates on front and the rear wheels off a wagon for that jacked up style. I got my Sidewalk Surfer with clay wheels for Christmas in 1964, I was 6. It was so much nicer than the metal wheels on the red plywood skateboards, but one little bit of sand and look out! Rode that until the trucks cracked from fatigue when I was 12 or 13. I also used my parents skates from the 30s, trashed the wooden wheels on the sidewalk and school playground. My mom must have sewed and ironed dozens of patches on my knees.

And I still have a couple skate keys just in case.;)

My brother and I built our first (push) go cart using the wheels off of an old baby carriage. One bolt in the middle of a two by four and you turned the axle using a rope.

I've still got a pair of skates, no key. We'll have to get together. LOL

yep had clay wheels on my Black Night wood deck. they would just slip like ice on real smooth concrete. couldnt really turn to sharp. moved up next to the fiberglass hang ten deck with urethane wheels. Way better for 70's carving but couldnt ride on the street between sidewalks , still to hard. Then we got Road Rider 2's with sealed "german racing bearings"
and the Sims Pure Juice bowl riders. game changers in early skatebording !

Back