When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not sure its true,,, but at one time i was convinced that my gang and i were inventing what would be known as "bmx"! I was a kid in a suburb of san jose. And behind calabassas park was a dry creek that had carved out a sweet 4 or 6 acres of wicked jumps and down hills,,, known to us only as " THE BIKE HILLS " spent more time there than at school. Once in a life time kids get to be kids and we wore that place out! I was riding a crate frame with tuff wheels and red line forks! Bomb proof !! Alota bones broken there!

Those were my 1st skate boards too. Only problems were keeping the skates attached to board and finding enough girls who'd trade em to me.

Yet today, Not encouraged by me at first, for his age and without medical insurance, and didn't expect he'd do it very long I taught him a few things that were the limitations on steel, and how to fall and or spin while falling, land on his back on a flat rug, that's it. Come summer he won the local contest and at 32 years old now he's still at it. . He's is on Tony Hawk's Birdhouse team, inventing new tricks like the 360 nose spin in this.:

My first skate board had metal wheels. I took a strap-on roller skate apart and used the front and rear halves and screwd them to a 1" x 6".

View attachment 1034632

Last edited:
Not sure its true,,, but at one time i was convinced that my gang and i were inventing what would be known as "bmx"! I was a kid in a suburb of san jose. And behind calabassas park was a dry creek that had carved out a sweet 4 or 6 acres of wicked jumps and down hills,,, known to us only as " THE BIKE HILLS " spent more time there than at school. Once in a life time kids get to be kids and we wore that place out! I was riding a crate frame with tuff wheels and red line forks! Bomb proof !! Alota bones broken there!
I actually heard stories about Calabasis jumps in the 70's. ! We were just over the hill in Santa Cruz and to young to get over there. Always wanted to skate winchester park too.

Ok there you are! I was one of the first dudes to scale the fence and skate Cambell skate park,, rode winchester many times! The bike hills as it was known was outlaw bmx! Cops would show up,,,watch for a bit then run everyone off. The kind of place folks didn't want their kid hanging out,, might be beer or weeds growning! I think about that place every time i see a schwinn scrambler! I swear it was pure fun. Probably condominiums now!

Those were my 1st skate boards too. Only problems were keeping the skates attached to board and finding enough girls who'd trade em to me.

Yet today, Not encouraged by me at first, for his age and without medical insurance, and didn't expect he'd do it very long I taught him a few things that were the limitations on steel, and how to fall and or spin while falling, land on his back on a flat rug, that's it. Come summer he won the local contest and at 32 years old now he's still at it. . He's is on Tony Hawk's Birdhouse team, inventing new tricks like the 360 nose spin in this.:

And

Anyone listen to the "bike karma" podcast! Tom brown, the dude who,,,as a labor of love has got a pretty cool show! Really interesting! Just has a super mellow vibe. Cool people doing cool stuff with all kinds of bikes! I do recommend it.

446C170E-DA17-4B99-9BA2-F8AE773C6582-2065-000006ECF32D81B9.jpg

3FB80D20-DE32-4CD1-83E6-274515DE24DD-2065-000006ED0CD85C16.jpg

F36D2C0D-B9EF-4281-9DB3-385CE13FCF35-2065-000006EDE0290125.jpg

"Not sure its true,,, but at one time i was convinced that my gang and i were inventing what would be known as "bmx"! I was a kid in a suburb of san jose. And behind calabassas park was a dry creek that had carved out a sweet 4 or 6 acres of wicked jumps and down hills,,, known to us only as " THE BIKE HILLS " spent more time there than at school. Once in a life time kids get to be kids and we wore that place out! I was riding a crate frame with tuff wheels and red line forks! Bomb proof !! Alota bones broken there!"

Bill, I grew up at the end of DeFoe Dr by Jollyman Elementary School. Spent a lot of time in the creeks from when I was about 4 on, Calabasses tributary ran open next to our house until they covered the stretch between Bollinger and DeFoe in the mid 60s. By 3rd or 4th grade we were biking to Stevens Creek to fish, swim, etc. Rode our stingrays and ten speeds all over the hills on the horse trails and fire roads, who knew we were mountain biking??

Good memories, when a kid could find abandoned orchards full of fresh fruit to bicycle through all summer...Cupertino in the 60s and 70s was a great place to be a kid.

Good memories, when a kid could find abandoned orchards full of fresh fruit to bicycle through all summer...Cupertino in the 60s and 70s was a great place to be a kid.

Didn't have to be abandoned. We used to ride into Stoughton's Apple Farm through the back gate. Put on a light weight jacket and zip it up a couple of inches. Start picking apples and stuffing them into the jacket. Zip it up a little more and do some more picking. Found out the next year that if we were really adventuresome, we could ride in a little farther and get to the peaches.

Back