When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

-
That board is worth $$$$ I was a Professional Skateboarder in the 70's . Rode Metal , then Clay, then Eurothane . Frank Nasworthy CHANGED My Life When he put out Cadillac Wheels ......................then onto Road Riders Etc . You guys are bringing back memories ! Here's a few of me back in the day . Tony Alva taking lessons in the background on pic 3 ! ( 1975 Hang Ten Contest ) Ride Safe !

View attachment 1038304

View attachment 1038305

View attachment 1038306

View attachment 1038307

View attachment 1038308

View attachment 1038312

View attachment 1038314

View attachment 1038316

View attachment 1038317
Wait...... What? U kidding me?!?

Those were my 1st skate boards too. Only problems were keeping the skates attached to board and finding enough girls who'd trade em to me.

Yet today, Not encouraged by me at first, for his age and without medical insurance, and didn't expect he'd do it very long I taught him a few things that were the limitations on steel, and how to fall and or spin while falling, land on his back on a flat rug, that's it. Come summer he won the local contest and at 32 years old now he's still at it. . He's is on Tony Hawk's Birdhouse team, inventing new tricks like the 360 nose spin in this.:

Wow is that your son? I love the spins of the tip of the nose /tail. Simple but awesome looking.

Bill,
My (much, 12 years older) older brother went to Hyde Jr. High late 50s then Cupertino High, graduated in 63. He bought me the Skateboard when he was in college. I remember Mikes Bikes. Bought myself a 1973 Italvega (currently in my basement) at Cupertino Bike Shop when it was on Stevens Creek, I think they were just east of Highway 9 toward Wolfe Road.

First house we moved into in 1958 was on Michele Way, a few blocks down from Calabazas Park, I was a toddler there.

Bill,
My (much, 12 years older) older brother went to Hyde Jr. High late 50s then Cupertino High, graduated in 63. He bought me the Skateboard when he was in college. I remember Mikes Bikes. Bought myself a 1973 Italvega (currently in my basement) at Cupertino Bike Shop when it was on Stevens Creek, I think they were just east of Highway 9 toward Wolfe Road.

First house we moved into in 1958 was on Michele Way, a few blocks down from Calabazas Park, I was a toddler there.
Wow dude!! I know ! It all seems like such along time ago! But still very close! Great to hear from a home skillet!! Sooo it was real?? Damn!

Bill,

I lived on arlington lane near bollinger!

My favorite pro of that dog town era was jay adams! I think i heard he did some prison time and died here not too long ago!? He was so smooth,,,not the most rad but smooth like clapton!

Arlington, we were just a few blocks apart. Highway 9 still has McDonalds where it's been since about 1964 and Yamagami Nursery but no Shakeys Pizza, Krumps Liquors or Pisannos anymore. And no more hundreds of acres of prune, cherry and apricot orchards that you passed driving down highway 9 from Sunnyvale to Saratoga. But we've gone far afield from bikes...;)

Arlington, we were just a few blocks apart. Highway 9 still has McDonalds where it's been since about 1964 and Yamagami Nursery but no Shakeys Pizza, Krumps Liquors or Pisannos anymore. And no more hundreds of acres of prune, cherry and apricot orchards that you passed driving down highway 9 from Sunnyvale to Saratoga. But we've gone far afield from bikes...;)
That is so crazy! I do remember shakeys pizza! They had a player piano and i saw my first video games there tank and pong! Does anyone remember tantera swimming pool?
I used to dig damaged bike parks out of the trash can behind k mart! And i did work at that nursery but I thought the name was yamanaka??? I used to water and pull weeds for bike money! Man this is awsome,,, I thought it might be a dream i had once upon a time! Jumping trash can lids and waiting for the ice cream man!

I am NEGAN!!! NOT! I just love the show . FEAR the walking dead is really good too. Razin.
Dude my wife has a ton of twd stuff!

IMG_4448.JPG

Back