When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

-
Don't suppose anyone ever cut school and rode cross city,,, taking short cuts to " the winchester mystery house" ! That isn't far from winchester skate park??? I had a 10 speed similar to this and had a rat trap rear rack that held my g and s board with sims snakes and tracker mid tracks! Plus a six pack that (someone) swiped from the "all American( " that was the name of the store!!) grocery store on bollinger road! That beer was so shook and scunky but we proudly pounded every one! And then just jump in to the bowl! Balls out fun!!!!

IMG_4170.JPG

With one exception; 'home made from 'girl's clip-on steel' you have a 'Red Rocket'? steel wheels. Or the cheapest board possible. I road several summers bare foot and raw toe tips. 6th grade, near end, I'd ridden on its smooth hallways for the last time. late for school too, [grin] my teacher took it

you als0 have a yard sale plastic cheapo I'd tossed in a closet that Shawn learned basic on, thin rug in lvrm floor..

Last edited:
We used to get the KOME stickers off the counter at the downtown record stores in Santa Cruz. If you had a stack you could cut and reconfigure to say ACDC. Standard issue for binders in school around 82.

Does anyone remember or ever get to skate on the clear plexiglass Tracker ramp that Bills Wheels had back in the day? It was a half pipe with no flatbottom that could be folded and towed to parking lots and events. Shop is still open down the street from me. I think there are photos on the counter of it. im gonna go by this weekend and see.

Wow is that your son? I love the spins of the tip of the nose /tail. Simple but awesome looking.
Yeah, he doesn't like contests much, it's uncool these days, IDK as if he's not gonna be screwed when he's 50-60 year old without enough income to pay doctors? Albeit he's only broken his little toe but the battering (permanent bruising) and at least two concussions he's had worries me.

However, he wont compete much B/C it's uncool in the street Klan ,and what he does, always did and is currently, upping the bar of tech tricks, Or inventing stuff. Most creative for several years is his liability B/C of the time and damage to himself. I think but not exactly sure, it took him around 4 months to master that 360 nose thingy. Nobody ever did it so, nothing to learn from yet looks pretty easy. When he got an invite to 'The Gonz's annual contest, last summer; 'Hell of a Paradise' 2018, He actually was saying he might not go while I'm usually saying "Go to contests!", so, he went for the free, Hawaii trip and showed it to the public.

And in Shawn's Instagram files, while there for contest, it wont post the video here; follow link>> https://www.instagram.com/hale/ or hit google search with " Instagram @hale"
go down 33 photos and videos.

Somebody brought him to a north shore 'secret spot' a tube, it's blue in background, he's got yellow tee-shirt on. He's killing what was my dream but U could not do it in steel wheel days, as, there was a tunnel a block away about 4-5 feet tall, I kept trying to just get half way up, ride it side-ways like a wave, . Surfing was my thing an I wasn't a club or contest dude, just passion, fun, big wave up to 18' guy. Of which I believe I owe all, riding 4-6 footers 1st year and the bigger the better the next. My Red rocket learned me good No doubt I owe it all to my Red Rockets, and steel wheels. Shawn no like to surf.. regardless,

OK proud dad spit, hope I'm not boring or bragging, to much.. :eek:

Go to 2:40 minutes in this vid. he does his thing and flawless run, then the kid who ended up 1st place cut him off and jammed his board into Shawn's forehead. At 4:50 min. 'The Gonz does his thing. It's a no brainer as to why he's 'The Gonz'! ]grin] then he gives Shawn 'The Gonz' Award. "Most Creative"

Last edited:
Yeah, he doesn't like contests much, it's uncool these days, IDK as if he's not gonna be screwed when he's 50-60 year old without enough income to pay doctors? Albeit he's only broken his little toe but the battering (permanent bruising) and at least two concussions he's had worries me.

However, he wont compete much B/C it's uncool in the street Klan ,and what he does, always did and is currently, upping the bar of tech tricks, Or inventing stuff. Most creative for several years is his liability B/C of the time and damage to himself. I think but not exactly sure, it took him around 4 months to master that 360 nose thingy. Nobody ever did it so, nothing to learn from yet looks pretty easy. When he got an invite to 'The Gonz's annual contest, last summer; 'Hell of a Paradise' 2018, He actually was saying he might not go while I'm usually saying "Go to contests!", so, he went for the free, Hawaii trip and showed it to the public.

And in Shawn's Instagram files, while there for contest, it wont post the video here; follow link>> https://www.instagram.com/hale/ or hit google search with " Instagram @hale"
go down 33 photos and videos.

Somebody brought him to a north shore 'secret spot' a tube, it's blue in background, he's got yellow tee-shirt on. He's killing what was my dream but U could not do it in steel wheel days, as, there was a tunnel a block away about 4-5 feet tall, I kept trying to just get half way up, ride it side-ways like a wave, . Surfing was my thing an I wasn't a club or contest dude, just passion, fun, big wave up to 18' guy. Of which I believe I owe all, riding 4-6 footers 1st year and the bigger the better the next. My Red rocket learned me good No doubt I owe it all to my Red Rockets, and steel wheels. Shawn no like to surf.. regardless,

OK proud dad spit, hope I'm not boring or bragging, to much.. :eek:

Go to 2:40 minutes in this vid. he does his thing and flawless run, then the kid who ended up 1st place cut him off and jammed his board into Shawn's forehead. At 4:50 min. 'The Gonz does his thing. It's a no brainer as to why he's 'The Gonz'! ]grin] then he gives Shawn 'The Gonz' Award. "Most Creative"

Very cool Jeff. You should be proud. Kids obviously a great talent. It's cool the ramp was designed that way so he could do that trick at that spot at that contest. I'm sure he was glad the injury happened after his run funny how the last trick b4 you leave is always the one you get hurt on. I love how the old fat dudes like me showed up and killed it with their helmets on. Gotta respect the old guys that showed up promoted and made skateboarding into what it is today. No way you could bore me talking skating. I could watch skate videos all day. I hope my daughter can find happiness and success doing something she loves as well.

Back