When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very cool Jeff. You should be proud. Kids obviously a great talent. It's cool the ramp was designed that way so he could do that trick at that spot at that contest. I'm sure he was glad the injury happened after his run funny how the last trick b4 you leave is always the one you get hurt on. I love how the old fat dudes like me showed up and killed it with their helmets on. Gotta respect the old guys that showed up promoted and made skateboarding into what it is today. No way you could bore me talking skating. I could watch skate videos all day. I hope my daughter can find happiness and success doing something she loves as well.
I’ve had this one forever. I dont know if its store bought or homemade. Steel wheels still Pretty strong

Yeah, looks like a Maple board. You could get steel slate shoes for sometime back that would have similar trucks and screw em on. But I don't think it's the case here. The hardwood, size and shape it's prob an mid 60's . I don't think the trucks are off of shoe skates but production manufactured for boards. .

Reminds me, 2 x r4s were good at first B/C deep enough to hold screws to mount clip-ons for a while, but by 63, I was moving up with skate shoe trucks and surf, skate board relationship. Yet I'm Shure the beach crowd were well ahead, with shoe trucks. The big surf, with either shoe truck or trucks off a manufactured shoe box type of truck about the same as shoe. These were wood or metal not home made and a handle, You could put a box on them right out of the factory. I forget what called. However, plywood couldn't keep a screw, by 63, I figured out or saw at beach, washers, nuts and bolts was the way to go. About 3 1/2 ft 1/2" plywood, shaped or cut like a surfboard. I cut a skag and stuck near tail, but up like sharks fin. dark blue paint )or whatever was in garage at time) and two surf strips across tip to tail. But, 'big' skate/surfboard. it kind of sucked. Stand or belly ride, down hill or low grade as it couldn't turn for spit ]grin]

So and but,, the trucks were there well before the industry stepped in and very early boards, home made with these shoe trucks with 4 holes to mount, were the first. Not me, inventor [grin] but, early late 50's surfers and beachy crowds.

View attachment 1040458

View attachment 1040460

View attachment 1040461

View attachment 1040462

View attachment 1040463

Last edited:
Did your post response not display?
IDK it got into quote, But I edited it after that too:
Yeah, looks like a Maple board. You could get steel slate shoes for sometime back that would have similar trucks and screw em on. But I don't think it's the case here. The hardwood, size and shape it's prob an mid 60's . I don't think the trucks are off of shoe skates but production manufactured for boards. .

Reminds me, 2 x r4s were good at first B/C deep enough to hold screws to mount clip-ons for a while, but by 63, I was moving up with skate shoe trucks and surf, skate board relationship. Yet I'm Shure the beach crowd were well ahead, with shoe trucks. The big surf, with either shoe truck or trucks off a manufactured shoe box type of truck about the same as shoe. These were wood or metal not home made and a handle, You could put a box on them right out of the factory. I forget what called. However, plywood couldn't keep a screw, by 63, I figured out or saw at beach, washers, nuts and bolts was the way to go. About 3 1/2 ft 1/2" plywood, shaped or cut like a surfboard. I cut a skag and stuck near tail, but up like sharks fin. dark blue paint )or whatever was in garage at time) and two surf strips across tip to tail. But, 'big' skate/surfboard. it kind of sucked. Stand or belly ride, down hill or low grade as it couldn't turn for spit ]grin]

So and but,, the trucks were there well before the industry stepped in and very early boards, home made with these shoe trucks with 4 holes to mount, were the first. Not me, inventor [grin] but, early late 50's surfers and beachy crowds.

I’ve had this one forever. I dont know if its store bought or homemade. Steel wheels still Pretty strong

OK it took some doing to just find a couple of examples of trucks that could be used on skate boards. I believe there were plenty junk or trash, back in the day, 'Scooters' made with wood, to get hooked up with trucks to use too.
regardless whether home made from scooter trucks off wood or metal. To find one you gonna need an education in who made scooters with roller skate type of trucks. G/L wit dat [grin]
This would be cool and simple, just cut bar off and go!

scooter 1.jpg

OK what? rubber wheels! That's a no brainer over steel. I prob chopped something like those off. I took apart every thing I could get my hands on, as a kid. Fixin things or robbing parts, very young. Prob B/C my older brother by 2 years, gave me the insight but, no patience like me, he'd break it while I'd be fixen or trying better way. He's still breakin stuff too!

scooter 2.jpg

. I love how the old fat dudes like me

While in LA (Westwood) near 2 year ago, Shawn took me to some street cause he wanted a few photos of me on skateboard. I really never ride since a kid, maybe a few minutes every 10-20 years. I couldn't possibly do the tricks ya'll been doing since the 70's, not a chance in H.

Yet , my trick bag is still in my pocket {grin} style; check, a wheelie; check, old guy; check, no longer 'cute'; check, fat nope!
Skate aug 2017 westwood.jpg

While in LA (Westwood) near 2 year ago, Shawn took me to some street cause he wanted a few photos of me on skateboard. I really never ride since a kid, maybe a few minutes every 10-20 years. I couldn't possibly do the tricks ya'll been doing since the 70's, not a chance in H.

Yet , my trick bag is still in my pocket {grin} style; check, a wheelie; check, old guy; check, no longer 'cute'; check, fat nope!View attachment 1045893
Nice. And in sandals too!

Back