When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am trying to ID this Pierce Arrow Track Bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

James427

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am by no means any type of antique bike expert. The only expertise I have is from watching American Pickers. However, I always keep an eye out for cool old bikes. Today at a garage sale (this part of the garage was not a part of the sale) I came across a wood rim Pierce Arrow track race bike. I did not have good light, and these are the only poor photos I could take. It appears to have original paint, the badge, and the wooden rims seem in good shape. The rear wheel has TWO different size sprockets so you can turn it around to change the gear ratio. It also has a quick release butterfly wing nut on the front wheel. Guy put a price on it of $2,000. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_9905 (1).jpg

IMG_9904 (1).jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

Better pictures (and serial number) would help your cause; especially all sides of the badge. It looks like a racer of some sort but which model is hard to say. Is the badge marked Buffalo or Angola and does it have a small model badge on the headtube?
Regardless, $2,000 is strong money for that bike as it is missing the saddle leather, chain, grips, and tires.
The triangle dart on the fork indicates possible supplemental or period repaint. You can do a search here and find out what other racers have sold for in varies stages of completeness and years.

As to not clog up the serial number thread with more answers to your redundant post I will answer again here. The bike is likely an amateur "road racer" model; it lacks qualities of serious Pierce racing bikes other CABE members have owned. No serious racer would use a two cog rear hub; they simply have extra rear wheels with different cogs to use per the track conditions or racers they were about to encounter on a given day. The pedals, although lovely, would have never been used by a serious racer. This bike was owned by a guy who wanted to be a weekend warrior.

Good luck and get better pictures.

Last edited:
Nice Pierce.
flip flop rear hubs are pretty cool, but unlikely pierce made....tall frame too......a little more than i would pay, but..........serial number will let you know when it is from.....I'd like to see better pictures.
bargain the guy down if you can.
If you own a pierce arrow automobile, then you already are doing okay.
They are the finest.
Good luck.

Back