When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I aquired a Silver King

-

Hudman

Finally riding a big boys bike
What have i bought ? All i really know is its a 24" Silver King. Guessing about 1939. Ill need a few parts..noticed the truss rod bracket at top is cracked and fenders possibly incorrect..i did a quick look over for serial numbers but didn't see any...thanx for the help, advise and criticism lol

20201109_113947_Film3.jpg

20201109_114005_Film3.jpg

20201109_114018_Film3.jpg

Yes nice clean frame fork and wheels -- as sated above for missing parts fenders are almost always missing due to well meaning previous collectors who Chang out the very thin SS originals enjoy it the way it is or if your like me change every sows ear into a silk purse LOL

I've worked on many/own a couple. They are a cool bike and a historical design. It has lots of good going for it. Easier and less costly in the paint area/polish instead of paint. There are quite a few parts around, especially with the Cabe. Good score!

Looks like a 1936 Hawthorne badged Monark Silverking, with straight trusses! Does it have a quill seat post or binder clamp under the seat? Pic of the seat off would help. Great start to a great bike!! Tons of potential for a nice resto or cool rat cruiser!!! Enjoy the ride...

Looks like a 1936 Hawthorne badged Monark Silverking, with straight trusses! Does it have a quill seat post or binder clamp under the seat? Pic of the seat off would help. Great start to a great bike!! Tons of potential for a nice resto or cool rat cruiser!!! Enjoy the ride...
Ill look at post..i had considered a ratstoration with 26" tire conversion. Thanx for the info

Back