When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Bought a RADIO BIKE yip yip yip RADIO BIKE uh huh uh huh

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
My lastest score from a fellow CABE member. I couldn't help but channel the martians after bringing this home! A true Holy Grail for myself and many. I am finally able to own THE known blue Radio Bike (yip yip) to still exist. It doesn't appear to have been loved on much since it was discovered by another collector in an attic (in pieces no less).

My goal is to do the following:

1) Get the chrome re-done (it is bad, wheels have been spray painted, other spots extremely dull)
2) Replace front rim (found the rim today) and have it chromed as well. The original is full of pits and rusted spokes.
3) Full mechanical overhaul. All hubs and bearings dismantled completely, cleaned, and re-lubed. Rims re-laced and spokes replaced as necessary (I'd like to clean the paint off)
4) Attempt to bring out the paint better on the frame and fork. I really do not want to repaint the frame and fork!
5) Fix a broken weld on the carrier rack and tack weld the correct mounting bracket back on to the chainguard
6) Repair the light
7) Mill-out a new aluminum knob for the tuner (I'll need to borrow an original knob for this. Anyone willing to help?)

AND...

8) BUILD A POWER PAK, RE-CAP THE RADIO AND GET IT TO WORK! I am EXCITED for this project!!!

DSCN3206.JPG
DSCN3214.JPG
DSCN3211.JPG
DSCN3212.JPG
DSCN3213.JPG
DSCN3215.JPG
DSCN3216.JPG

Radio, Radio, Radio Bike...YIP YIP YIP YIP HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BOING BOING BOING YIP YIP YIP

latest?cb=20110619134745.png

Last edited:
That's a great find, and blue no less! Congrats, do it up right. Not many around, probably one of the Holy Grails of middleweights.

That's a great find, and blue no less! Congrats, do it up right. Not many around, probably one of the Holy Grails of middleweights.

A Holy Grail of classic bikes period. Don't worry, I'm looking at this as a repair and preserve mostly. I want to make it more presentable, yet keep as much patina as possible without the bike looking pieced together. Most importantly, the radio must work. I want to be able to cruise and listen to our local 60s and 70s oldies AM station. I also want to be able to park it in my truck bed at the cruise-in and channel some 50's music through an AM converter. Playing the likes of Danny and the Juniors, Little Richard, Elvis, and Carl Perkins for on-lookers.

SWEET !!!

I've got a smile on my face a mile wide while I listen to 50's music and stare at it in my living room with a tear in my young eye. I'm listening to "Tutti Frutti" for the second time in a row. Yes, it is sweet indeed!!

We have one AM oldies station and after that it's religion or talk radio. I do remember when AM was the music king and Casey Kasem ruled Sundays counting them down. We even had AOR next to the Top 40, for crying out loud!

Back