When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Bought a RADIO BIKE yip yip yip RADIO BIKE uh huh uh huh

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is a near new original radio bike in the dreaded non blue. Missing the chain guard. Odd... Got one?View attachment 416404 View attachment 416405 View attachment 416406

I have the style of guard, but it is not from a Radio Bike. After how few are left, you'll likely have to get a guard from another model, say a Mainliner, Dial-A-Ride, Edlorado or other such thing and paint it to match the bike.

I have a lead on a guy who has a tank, he may have a guard. I'll ask him and see if I can get you two in touch.

Is that the original antenna on yours?

Great bike and congrats! I would def hold out for original chrome hoops. Try to stay away from adding any re-chrome plated parts. Even if it takes you a little longer to get the bike where you want it. You will be glad you held out in the end.

Great bike and congrats! I would def hold out for original chrome hoops. Try to stay away from adding any re-chrome plated parts. Even if it takes you a little longer to get the bike where you want it. You will be glad you held out in the end.

Sadly, a couple parts I may not have much choice on. Namely, a matching set of Huffman rim hoops and the fork cap. Huffman parts pre-1964 can be tough to find and I'd hate to let this sit in pieces while I track down parts I already have.

I did some digging on past owners and this bike had a Bendix Aviation 2-speed in it, according to the gentleman who originally discovered this bike. He had to sell it because he had too many projects and wanted to pass the bike on to someone else. He was saddened to hear the wheels got robbed off it. Somebody at some point swapped the original wheels off this bike. Never thought I'd see a Radio Bike parted these days, but I guess someone wanted those wheels awful bad.

I have a stash of original spokes and nipples for 50s and 60s Huffmans, but I may need to find spokes to lace a Bendix Aviation hub back into a wheel, as I never had one of those before.

Hmm so Huffman rims have a specific profile? Flat lobdell's?

Maybe, maybe not. As I have re-built, parted out, and flipped so many 50s and 60s middleweights, I've found that manufacturers, unless they were dirt cheap and outsourced to Wald, had their own rim. Each slightly different. The Schwinn's had their "S" series wheels of course. Murray-built bikes often had "M", "M.O.", or "Murray" stamped on them. Some bikes had drop centers, some with smooth sides, others had a bevel to them. It really depends on the bicycle brand and model year.

It's just a difference I've noticed. Older middleweights may have shared rims with other manufacturers, but I know by there were differences quite often.

I'll get a close up pic of these wheels when I get home.

Agreed - Lots of the same wheels/profiles were used for different makes and models. Flat Lobdells is just an example. I know nothing about Huffman bikes but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Here is a near new original radio bike in the dreaded non blue. Missing the chain guard. Odd... Got one?View attachment 416404 View attachment 416405 View attachment 416406

Radio-Bike in "Back to the Future 2"...almost! :(
nfp6ci.jpg

Back