When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"too many zeros" or "misplaced decimal" thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rusty McNickel

I live for the CABE
I'll go first.

800.00 for a complete badged bicycle....maybe. Sans badge but "All original" except for the "excellent, professional" horrible 60's J.C. Higgins paint with two monster white scratches in it. "Museum quality, showroom restoration". Good grief.

Last edited:
badges $5,500
Really, this is probably the price for these as there are some really cool ones in there, but it is still too steep for me.

View attachment 1184403
That's about 93. Per badge. Maybe fair but a hell of a lot of cash to lay out for badges. You'd think a better deal be offered for a lot. Of course the one badge I'd be interested in is missing a major portion. Pretty much worthless IMO.

"For your consideration" $499.00. This is a classic case where "rare" does not translate into valuable. This is an "Alco" badged Rambler 3, WTF? A POS by any era's standards. I am however impressed that the front fender...thing remains intact, rare for this model. Probably because Johnny was too embarrassed to ever take this thing out for a ride. Sold "as is", it's up to you to connect the speedo drive, THEN throw it in the dumpster. And if you are worried it will break the bank they do offer a twelve month financing plan. Only problem with that is, once your wife finds out you bought this garbage home you won't be alive to complete the payments. Move the decimal one place to the left, that's what they would have to pay ME to come haul the scrap away. Add it to your cart and look at some of the tchotchke porcelain they have to offer. Save on combined shipping! Sorry all you Euro collectors, lower 48 only!

Last edited:
I'll go first.

800.00 for a complete badged bicycle....maybe. Sans badge but "All original" except for the "excellent, professional" horrible 60's J.C. Higgins paint with two monster white scratches in it. "Museum quality, showroom restoration". Good grief.
View attachment 1183247
New low price: $499.00. Yeah, still no.

Back