When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can't believe this still happens...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
On the weekends I work for a traveling ski race tour called the Vertical Challenge (which is funny because at 5' 6" folks might consider me vertically challenged). Anyhow, I'm staying up in Maine for the night and I've had my eye on a near-by Ingo that has been listed on Facebook Marketplace for $500. A tad rusty, but complete minus tires, so I figured I'd shoot a $400 offer and see where it goes. It's located too far to drive normally, but I'm in the basic vicinity so I reach out. I start with the message...

ME: Howdy, just curious if this is still available?

I get the response...

SELLER: I got tired of looking at it so I threw it in the scrap pile

At this point, I respond...

ME: Yikes. So it’s gone? Or just outside somewhere?

The seller says...

SELLER: scrapped it a while ago

All I could say at that point was...

ME: Thanks. Sorry I didn’t get to you sooner.

It completely baffled me that someone could go from wanting $500 for something to scrapping it. No price drops that I'm aware of. And it's not like they didn't know the value. I just can't believe this stuff still happens.

I'm about ready to do that to this if it doesn't get bought soon... $400...frame, fork, crank assy, Ranger badge, post and stem
dsc05211-jpg.jpg

Okay. So the seller was a lady (I know ladies can still mess with people) and, I believe, an antique dealer. A couple of the pics (ad is now taken down) showed the Ingo on the floor of an antique store. It's not inconceivable that it took up too much real estate with no return. It didn't feel like a lie (I know that the best ones don't).

Back