When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I could use some help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SWilson

On Training Wheels
I was gifted a bike by my grandma and don't know much about it except that it is a Huffy Savannah. I took a pic of the bottom of the crank housing to share. Can anyone tell me more about it? I would like to order a new chain and brakes for it, but Huffy's site is not recognizing the numbers. THe tires are 26"x1.75
TIA!

20220612_092214.jpg

20220612_094611.jpg

Last edited:
This isn’t a collectible bike and a chain and brake pads may cost more than the bike is worth. If it has sentimental value then go for it. V/r Shawn

early 1980's, near the end of U.S. manufacturing.

as @Freqman1 said, aside from sentimental value, not worth much.

I would probably order a chain through a local bike shop, or online, as well as brake pads. It is in great shape for what it is.

Could make a great bike for someone to ride.

The chain most likely just needs a little lube and the brake pads may need to be replaced if hard. Doesn't look like the cable adjusters have ever moved since they are adjusted all the way down. Adjusting the brakes might be all that's needed and a little chain lube. Might be a good idea to have a bike shop tune it up and regrease all the bearings.

Wow! Thank you to those who shared helpful tips. I have an appointment with a local bike shop. I just want to be able to ride it around my small town.

For the others, I simply asked for info. not the worth of the bike or your opinion on its worth. It is still rideable and it DOES in fact have sentimental value. Before you comment, ask yourself if what you are about to say is helpful, does it answer the question the person presented. Otherwise, keep scrolling.

Wow! Thank you to those who shared helpful tips. I have an appointment with a local bike shop. I just want to be able to ride it around my small town.

For the others, I simply asked for info. not the worth of the bike or your opinion on its worth. It is still rideable and it DOES in fact have sentimental value. Before you comment, ask yourself if what you are about to say is helpful, does it answer the question the person presented. Otherwise, keep scrolling.
Noted

Looks good condition and low mileage. Chain and brake pads look good from my vantage. Adjust position of seat height, handlebar brake / shifter levers to your liking and ready to ride! 👍

As others said chain is fine just needs to be cleaned up. Plenty of info here on how to do that. If brake pads aren't to hard you could try to sand or scuff the top layer off and see if that helps

Back