When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Id assistance Super Chief

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You think it's been repainted? It looks pretty clean to me, but this is the first of this version that I've ever seen.

Yes I think it's a repaint. Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Is that because of how clean the paint is? I have to admit, it looks suspiciously good for 60+ years old!

Is that because of how clean the paint is? I have to admit, it looks suspiciously good for 60+ years old!

There's a few reasons i think that, and yes that is one of them. Don't really want to go into detail, as I don't want to sound like I'm picking his bike apart. Feel free to send me a pm if you'd like to do discuss further.

There's a few reasons i think that, and yes that is one of them. Don't really want to go into detail, as I don't want to sound like I'm picking his bike apart. Feel free to send me a pm if you'd like to do discuss further.
I think it is a repaint as well. It was likely repainted in the 80s as the paint does have a bit of patina to it. My goal with this bike was to give my gf Michelle a fun and unusual bike she could ride as Christmas present.

I am curious to learn more about it. And would not view contructive critisism as tearing the bike apart as I didnt buy it as an investment. I just thought it was cool and unusual and beautiful. :)

In the interest if disclosure I gave 300.00 for the bike. So I feel I got a decent deal either way.

Having said all that any info you guys might have is appreciated.

The bike is a repaint.A super cool badge though and largely complete. I think $300 was a fair price and don't think you got hurt there. The correct light could be a challenge and expensive-probably at least $300 for a nice one. There are other less expensive lights that you can put on it. The horn shouldn't be too tough to find. Good luck with your project. V/r Shawn

Heres a pic of my 1952 Hawthorne CWC...same as the Flyers, Lux Liners, hiawathas (?), and a ton of others made by CWC at the time. Ive seen a few different headlights on these bikes. Just curious: have you opened up the tank yet, and if so, does the battery tray accept a 6volt lantern battery? Mine does, and i think the delta headlight can be wired to operate off the massive power supply?
def20f9e20138f5c7928a78e25190a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a pic of my 1952 Hawthorne CWC...same as the Flyers, Lux Liners, hiawathas (?), and a ton of others made by CWC at the time. Ive seen a few different headlights on these bikes. Just curious: have you opened up the tank yet, and if so, does the battery tray accept a 6volt lantern battery? Mine does, and i think the delta headlight can be wired to operate off the massive power supply? View attachment 726698

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly, there is nothing at all in the tank. I am going to be needing everything.

That is a beautiful bike you have there!

D2A29378-BCC5-42FF-92A5-6C50242DFD7F.jpeg
0AC7B7BF-8A28-4128-A53A-59493ECF1D0A.jpeg
Nice Gobby trike in the background :).
Thank you! I bought this one for 30.00 dollars in a garage sale. Its my 11 year ild daughters christmas present. It was rough when we got it. We stripped it, cleaned it, put new cables and brakes, then painted it a 57 chevy blue color.

I know it has no real value but I thought it was cool and I think she will love it lol

Back