When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i.d. bike in package deal

-

Pedaltherapy

Finally riding a big boys bike
Anyone able to offer an ID of this men's bike? The crank doesn't look original to me. It's part of a 3 bike offering I came across on CL. The other two are women's bikes of close vintage. Just wondering if it'd be worth it to get yet another project(s)

Old bike.jpg

You say it's a 3 bike package deal..................yet , I only see TWO Bikes - - - - - -What are you holding back ??? Let's see . Are these close to you ?

Dear Pedaltherapy,
I purchased these (4) last week. The boys Elgin and the Schwinn girls in the background have found new homes. The two remaining bikes are a 37 girls Colson and an unknown year girls Manton & Smith. I will not ship, but they will be available at ML in October.
Hey Pedal, I live near Kings Island. If you are in the area give me notice so we can have a couple beers and BS about bikes.
Ride on!

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer, all 3 bikes sold before I was able to get there. I'm not sure what the 3rd women's bike was but I liked that men's bike.
Hey John, I certainly will. btw: Bikes n Beers is a great thread- nice pics of each.

Yes, there were (4) and I took them all. I understand that guy jerked a couple people around on price.
I saw "Bikes n Beers" thread for the first time today. Liked it.
Keep your eyes open, Those Elgin frames are cool and not particularly difficult to find.

Anyone able to offer an i.d. of this men's bike? The crank doesn't look original to me. It's part of a 3 bike offering I came across on CL. The other two are women's bikes of close vintage. Just wondering if it'd be worth it to get yet another project(s)

View attachment 1069733
39 /41 base model Murray built Western flyer chain gard is not original I believe the rear hub is morrow. I have had a few of those. Nice bike.

Back