When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I.D. Help, Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CeeBee

Finally riding a big boys bike
My father has owned this bike for years and I've never been able to identify it. I thought surely at some point in time I would run across another another one and self educate myself, but I've given up and finally decided to simply ask those of you more knowledgeable than myself!
There's no head badge, nor evidence that it ever had one. I've seen similar forks, but never exactly like this one. It came from an estate sale of an bike collector, but he was known to piece things together, so I have no idea what is correct or incorrect other than the women's seat pan on it.
There seems to be another line to the serial number that is above what is visible in my pictures, but I cannot make it out from any angle or lighting. Could just be scratches or rust pitting, though.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
2cc1e152e39eaad3bca331825f573b19.jpg
3d6523ee1565c11c274c87ce07af171f.jpg
b3cd533c9b9a6ae826279f1574ab08c7.jpg
e7037c503a11e62240ee01c649c05346.jpg
98d31b79c87aee56aa11661075ec016a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Prewar Huffman likely ‘39 Single Flex. Look at the back of the fork crown for two or three numbers. V/r Shawn

Thank you, Shawn. There is a "99" stamped on the fork crown. Obviously not the year!
Can you give me some more insight?

Thank you to all for the input. One question I have is why does my bike have so little clearance between the springer brackets and the head tube? All of the images here, as well as those that I have found elsewhere since I knew what I was looking for, seem to have significantly more space. Mine has no room for a tank to wrap around or even practical space for a head badge. I am a metal fabricator by trade and can easily recognize bent or modified metal assemblies, but everything on my bike appears to be as originally made. No kinks, twists or split metal are present in any of the miscellaneous pieces, and the top and bottom brackets are in perfect alignment.
Were there different variations of these fork or is mine actually tweaked ever so slightly and "perfectly" in a way that I cannot see any evidence of damage?

Back