When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I.D. Help, Please

-
Ok, stop the presses.....I must apologize for bringing up the absence of badge mounting holes. Once I tweaked the lower spring mount back away from the head tube, I did find typical holes for a badge. They are both literally right behind where the the two places that the brackets are closest to the frame. They were virtually impossible to see until I started wedging the lower bracket out!
Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me figure this out.
I hope I haven't caused too much head scratching for those of you who were in the know all along!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did realize the bike in my last picture was a later curved lower tube frame but assumed the fork might have been the same across the board. I guess that goes back to my original question about if there were variations of the fork. I assume there are variations between models years only? Regardless I do now realize mine has a tweaked lower bracket that should be an easy fix. It looks like my target should be to make the springer trusses parallel to the main fork leg.
The next mystery to me is why would there not be any mounting holes for a head badge? This bike is already blasted down to bare metal so there is no paint hiding any holes or filler.
Take a scotch brite pad and see if their are any indications where the screws or rivets may have been ground off. Good luck. Razin.

Back