When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i.d. help please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JohnMast

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all!
Can anyone help me identify this bike - any info appreciated!
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG

Very cool bike. Interesting rear rack. Yes , it should clean up nicely

Thanks! It does look like it's a '65 Ross, but you're right, I can't find a picture of one with a rack like this so maybe it is from a different bike. Looks like the rack has a square hole in the top where something else like a light was attached. Any other info appreciated!

Ross bikes have a lot of features which ID them as a Ross. 3 vertical spaced holes under the headbadge, bar with 2 rivets under the BB, and the dropouts. The serial numbers start with an "R" and the next two digits are the last two of the year. And the chainwheel too!

You might it pictured in the 1965 Macy's Department Store Catalog ..... or in newspaper print ads from 1965 Based what remains on the Decal ..... Appears it may have said " Macy's Own Cyclone"

hence Ross sold under Macy's house cyclone name ?

Cool Bike !

You might it pictured in the 1965 Macy's Department Store Catalog ..... or in newspaper print ads from 1965 Based what remains on the Decal ..... Appears it may have said " Macy's Own Cyclone"

hence Ross sold under Macy's house cyclone name ?

Cool Bike !
Thank you! That's awesome - I was trying to tell what it might say and that seems right on! I really appreciate it. I've had this bike for about 30 years and just keep hanging on to it because it just seems really cool to me. I'll look for a '65 Macy's catalog now!

Thanks! It does look like it's a '65 Ross, but you're right, I can't find a picture of one with a rack like this so maybe it is from a different bike. Looks like the rack has a square hole in the top where something else like a light was attached. Any other info appreciated!
That hole in the rear rack is for a light. I have a Sears ladie's bike that has that same rack.
20191105_183831.jpg

Back