When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Heres a few pics of my 1930's Ranger for comparison, it just might rule it out!

That Ranger looks different than my Ranger. Even the headbadge is different. Either way, until someone wants to really argue about it I'm going with Hawthorne. Nice bike by the way.

Just out of curiosity, Would you happen to have pictures of your Hawthorne? I just purchased a frame/fork/tank with a Trail blazer head badge. Information on these has been tough to come by and often conflicting. I'm beginning to prep my frame and would love to see example of original or correctly restored paint and compononetry.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
4630880964_b5881ae38f-1.jpg
tim,my bike is in primer but you can paint it cherry red,black center stripe and tank panel,black head darts,gold pinstripes.the rims are cherry red,black center stripe,gold pinstripes.the tank is cherry red black panels gold pinstripes trail blazer on the sides in cherry red and gold.and look for 1920's wards catalogs it will have that model in there,but i don't know what year.

Last edited:
tim,my bike is in primer but you can paint it cherry red,black center stripe and tank panel,black head darts,gold pinstripes.the rims are cherry red,black center stripe,gold pinstripes.the tank is cherry red black panels gold pinstripes trail blazer on the sides in cherry red and gold.and look for 1920's wards catalogs it will have that model in there,but i don't know what year.

Thanks Dave! I appreciate it and your timing is just about perfect. I should finish sanding it this weekend and hopefully have it in primer by next. I've been agonizing over the paint scheme. I've been able to find hints of the original red beneath what's left of a horrid blue repaint. Thanks again for the help!

Tim

PS, Hope you post up some images once you're done!

Back