When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID my Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Willis24

On Training Wheels
I recently acquired a Western Flyer that I am having trouble identifying the year range on. It is one of the few that I have seen with a portion of the tank panel setting above the top tube, whereas most seem to be wedged between the tubes. There are quite a few parts missing and the wheels are not original, plus it was free, so it will just be a neighborhood rat. I just thought it would be nice to tell folks what I am riding when they ask.

wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

That looks to be a Western Flyer Sonic Flyer. Around the mid 60s. You missing a few parts. But that being a Middle Weight. The part aren't to hard to find. Great bike.

Welcome to the forum! It's an AMF built bike from around 63-68.
Thanks! That is very interesting... is it the same AMF that hindered Harley Davidson for a while? If so, it would stand to reason since this flyer does not seem to have the same charm and tank detail as some of the older models.

Back