When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID of old Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikerider007

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can someone ID this please. Also, are racks and bars original to this? The racks don't seem to match

Thanks!
27889930139_96d15aabfd_z.jpg

25796269618_8022be98d7_k.jpg

Attachments

• 38770980525_f620c59856_z.jpg
    38770980525_f620c59856_z.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The frame has the look similar to the "varsity camelback". The racks don't match because
they appear to be add-on from different companies. Can you determine the name on the rear
brake. Shimano,or New Departure for example?

Sorry I can't. All I have are seller pics, was thinking as a project as it's pretty cool looking..

@2jakes yes, the project is not an issue. This looked different to me for some reason but I don't know them well enough to tell if it was original or a good model.

Thanks @Freqman1 the ask price is not good at this point but I assume negotiable or I would walk. Just wanted to see if it anything different than others.

It's easy for me to say pass on this bike because I prefer heavyweight bikes with tanks
from the 50s on back to the '20s.

And you're right in passing it up if the price doesn't come down.

I believe that fork is the tubular style used on mid-50's Travelers, and not original to the frame, which is '60's or later. Price as a parts bike.
Thank You, that was part of my interest as it did not seem to fit other similar styled bikes although I am no Schwinn expert. Was not sure if this was an off the wall, rare type model or pieced together. I have decided to just pass at this time.

Back