When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID of TOC bike, Crescent?

-
American Bicycle Co. was in control of Crescent Bicycle for 1900, then shuttered the following year. The last year of production was 1900 and was a low production. The 1890’s depression killed lots of bicycle companies and other high-end bicycle makers went into motorcycles and automobiles.

Thanks for your input. When i google both on the cabe and on the web i found strings of info, but not a conclusive picture of how the bike should look. Since the bike is restored, it's very hard to know what part are correct.

So heres my questions:
1. Is there any frame number charts?
2. Is the bike from 1900 or 1901?
3. What model and exact head badge should it have?
4. Should it be striped with part nickeled fork or just plain black with black fork? (Found a quote on the cabe that states that 1900 model were black.)
5. Was the Morrow hub really available on a Crescent?

I do not know of any serial number archives.
It is most likely 1900.
Fork was all black.
Morrow was offer at that time.
The badge should be like the one I posted.

1901 Crescent 01 copy.jpg

1901 Crescent 06 copy.jpg

1901 Crescent 13 copy.jpg

O
OMG! Those head badge prices, i only payed about $225 for the whole bike! Thanks for the catalogue pages, interesting that 1901 is the first year for this chain wheel. No mention of wooden rims, but since it's restored, who known what it originally had. Is there more models in the catalogue that is close to mine or is this the most likely one?

O

OMG! Those head badge prices, i only payed about $225 for the whole bike! Thanks for the catalogue pages, interesting that 1901 is the first year for this chain wheel. No mention of wooden rims, but since it's restored, who known what it originally had. Is there more models in the catalogue that is close to mine or is this the most likely one?

I have an aluminum badge(as above) for you European? version $40 US plus shipping

I can't say whether 1901 is the first year for that chainring.
It does not seem to show in 1899 and I don't have a 1900 catalog.
I can't say whether that chainring was used on other models.
But that is the only model shown with it in the 1901 scans I have,
and I believe I have all the pages of a 16 page catalog.

Last edited:
Back