When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID of TOC bike, Crescent?

-
Hi, is it model 33? Or 11 as the picture you refer to?
Here are pics...
DSC07136.JPG

DSC07134.JPG

DSC07135.JPG

DSC07137.JPG

I can't say whether 1901 is the first year for that chainring.
It does not seem to show in 1899 and I don't have a 1900 catalog.
I can't say whether that chainring was used on other models.
But that is the only model shown with it in the 1901 scans I have,
and I believe I have all the pages of a 16 page catalog.
Crescent and ABC were finished building Crescent bicycles by the end of 1900. They may have printed catalogs for 1901, but I doubt any were built in 1901. The Swedes were building them for the European market.

Crescent and ABC were finished building Crescent bicycles by the end of 1900. They may have printed catalogs for 1901, but I doubt any were built in 1901. The Swedes were building them for the European market.

The swedish bicycles where first built by 1908. They had Fauber crank and similar, but not exactly, the same chain wheel as some1899-1900 models. My bikes high serial number and the text about patent under the crank screams US Crescent. Never had this text on a swedish made frame. And you don't have to doubt that there was US Crescent bikes built in 1901, there are several bikes on internet with head badges saying Crescent 1901.

Thanks, but of course i googled like crazy long before i even started the thread, no offence. I'm looking for that pro info that can't be googled. I'm sure that there are folks here that have a lot of detailed info that's not written down. I know i have...

Back