When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I.D. On this schwinn bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JKid714

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello, pretty new to the website. I’ve always loved schwinns, but never really took the time to research the history and what not. I’ve had this schwinn bike for a while. Some older gentlemen was going to throw it away, so my dad decided to take it. I got really lucky... This was around 2003. I’ve had it since then. Unfortunately the decal completely faded. I’ve rode it many times. I should’ve take care of it more. Can’t even count how many times people came up to me to offer to buy it from me. Same with people trying to steal it. Lol... just need more info. Would be great! Thanks

F8E48C6C-26E6-4DD8-A4F7-A6A18EAC568F.jpeg

9C81BC61-574E-4B8F-BEB0-8A70930E9BE6.jpeg

00E3301A-10EA-4D70-A01C-19050BCF023F.jpeg

6C937D0E-8073-412A-86B2-AC6CD05920DC.jpeg

EED6608A-D3C3-495C-8A5E-ED3D7068C780.jpeg

3DD088AB-7FD2-494F-B488-76FF93DF74C5.jpeg

7E617940-840E-4FE7-BE21-5C92DA867F7F.jpeg

The serial number was stamped November 1981. The actual build date will be stamped next to the I in Schwinn on the head badge. The first three numbers are the day of the year and the last digit is the year, 1 for 81 or 2 for 1982. The front hub should also be dated. I see a faint light dark color giving the image of the 1981 only surf board fork dart so it may be one of the very last built 1981 Cruisers. You can pick up all the decals on eBay if you want to freshen it up.

Last edited:
The serial number was stamped November 1981. The actual build date will be stamped next to the I in Schwinn on the head badge. The first three numbers are the day of the year and the last digit is the year, 1 for 81 or 2 for 1982. The front hub should also be dated. I see a faint light dark color giving the image of the 1981 only surf board fork dart so it may be one of the very last built 1981 Cruisers. You can pick up all the decals on eBay if you want to freshen it up.
Many thanks!!!! Can you give me tips on how to put the decal? Haha. Also, I’m thinking of changing the hand grips. Should I do it? If so, which size should I get?

Turtle Wax is fairly easy to use, but there might be others that give more shine. You might want to check out "The Workshop" and "Bicycle Restoration Tips" forums at the bottom of this page. Somebody on here has probably tried every conceivable finish out there.

I meant the bottom of the first page when you sign in. On second look, that wasn't real clear.

Back