When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID on UNIQUE featured track racer? bunch o pics

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ericbaker

Finally riding a big boys bike
This one has some really cool features that I havent really seen on other bikes from this period so hopefully that will make it easier to identify.

really interesting fork features where the legs do not connect directly to the steerer, and the joints are smoothed out. info on this style fork?

dropouts are foreward semi-horizontal rather than rearward horizontal, the chainstays and seatstays are capped at the end instead of pinched or left open.

Seat post binder bolt is threaded directly into the rear end of the pierced top tube and will need a square wrench to loosen it... about 3/8"

The house paint is thiick, but underneath on the fork at least is what appears to be the original nickel(?) plating

110610_1767-1.jpg

110610_1768-1.jpg

110610_1769-1.jpg

110610_1770-1.jpg

110610_1771-1.jpg

110610_1773-1.jpg

110610_1774-1.jpg

110610_1775-1.jpg

110610_1776-1.jpg

I don't have anything useful to add but that bike is AWESOME! Finding something like that would be very high on my list.

That is a unique machine. It's looks to be a high quality build and in good condition to boot. Nice frame geometry, Ill bet it will rip.

stripped the paint off the fork, the original nickel is awsome!

I stripped the hubs too, og finish isnt as nice as the fork but they spin pretty good with some fresh grease

the rim is currently sitting all clamped up while i let the glue set

pulling the cranks to strip them right now

I want to strip the frame too, but Im worried about removing the original finish as well as the house paint... any recomendations obn the best way to do this?

I'll get some pics up tonight if I can

I forgot about the fork and seatpost clamp, I'll post tomorrow I get more impressed with this thing everytime I touch it.

Back