When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID on UNIQUE featured track racer? bunch o pics

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice work on the crankset Eric! In your experience will the wheelset by ridable after the repair or more for show. It would be a shame not to ride this one.

Tim

I found it as it was in the first picture at a Motorcycle swap meet, the rear rim had delaminated but looked otherwise straight, the front wheel was almost perfect other than the crappy house paint, although now that ive got the rear back together I've noticed that the rims are different, the front is a different wood and has a diff profile,

The wheels are on another bike Ive been trying to finish for quite a while, I would say the front is very rideable, but the one I repaired would not take much abuse at all, maybe some very light pedaling but Its mostly for show, the biggest thing with riding wheels like that would be tires... which are about $700 a pair for repops or nearly imposible to find originals.

I may build this red one up to ride with some modernish parts for now. Still sweating whether to try and strip it or not.

I'll have this one at the Dudley, MA swap tomorrow if anyone is planning on going

www.oldroads.com/dudley

Last edited:
Gotsum pics of thew stripped fork, Check out that nickel!! frame is next, hopefully there is a hint as to what it is somewhere under there! Any advice for stripping the top layer of paint and not the base?

112110_1802-1.jpg

112110_1803-1.jpg

only thing I've ever seen that look like it could be "kin" is the early American handel bar stems that the top would "flip" over,used a slotting that looks like the slotting on the crank/chainring.That's not much to go on---maybe the Wheelmen can help

Put on a very thin coat of paint remover (Jasco or Greens). Carefully remove the paint when it bubbles up with a plastic putty knife. Clean with a painters wiping cloth and lacquer thinner. It is difficult to remove one layer at a a time.
chris ioakimedes
www.fattiretrading.com

turns out it would not have made a difference, I did just that a few days ago and there was nothing but bare metal underneath. I'll post some pics in tonight or tomorrow

Back