When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Don't Like the New Rule

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just think that the new rule put a chill on the for sale threads.

Agree completely. It's like reading a magazine, all interactivity gone. I tell ya, as more of a buyer than a seller, it's a crippling change. I've relied upon the discussions surrounding "for sale" items for the purposes of understanding not only the value of bicycles, but more importantly - correctness. I LOVED it when there was a dispute over the price of a ride, over what year an item was from, over whether the bike had or didn't have incorrect parts. It was my chance to watch people with genuine knowledge discuss a topic with actual skin in the game. This is what happens ever single day at a swap meet, or flea market, or an auction. The buyers and sellers pick the pieces apart, argue over it, pointing and talking, or elbowing each other out of the way to offer more money. Here, someone can pop up with a post showing actual literature about the piece, and it adds to the body of knowledge.

I realize there was a degree of shilling going on, after a while you can sense it. And though I find that distasteful, it does help to move product. People need to sell their bikes, and it can stir up a sale if somebody (or their sock account) comes forward and says, "deal of the day!", or "won't last long at this price" or some other obvious sale patter.

I guess I'm saying I think it should be a free-for-all. Anything goes. The quality will rise to the top, as it always does. The discussion makes it more like a real life sale. Barring that, there should be a dedicated sub-forum for sale discussions, though the lag time between posting the item and looking at the discussion threads would render this solution less than potent.

Right now it's like reading a newspaper classified ad section.

[video=youtube;BPlsqo2bk2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPlsqo2bk2M[/video]

"I don't always agree with barracuda.....But when I do, I give him a thumbs up".

I like the new rules in the for sale tread also
you can send a pm to the seller but you can't but in on the sail
or get it off track if you want to talk about it open a new tread of your own

BS 2 many ppl put neative sants on a persons sale,if i dont as what my condition or how much you think its worth its non of anyone elses place to give an opinion,there are a lot of ppl here who think they are the know itall and end it all,sorry gut ive seen to many ppl puttin attitudes on someones sale,if you have a legit question go one on one with the seller with a pm,this is one of the best things that has happened on here latley,no more jerry springer on someones add,there i said it!!!

barracuda;521483 Right now it's like reading a newspaper classified ad section. said:
It is a Classified section, it's certainty not a please give me your opinion section, I would suggest that if you like drama start a facebook page, plenty of room for drama queens there

i was thinking about this as well... .i think it should be a toggle [ on/off ] that the seller can use to decide if they want to have comments in their sale section.

Ok, there are probably 2 main things that helped kill the comments on the Sale forum.
1). complaining about "parting"
2). complaining about prices

If someone does either of these two things, why can't the thread originator ask the "offender" to please remove their comment or the admins just remove. Or have consequences for this activity?

Don't get me wrong, I shake my head plenty when I see ridiculous pricing or certain parting. BUT, let's remember it is still the thread starters prerogative to do either and I just keep my opinions off the thread.

On the other hand, if someone includes their pet in the photo or a dead rat happens to be in the photo, I see nothing wrong with some friendly comments or ribbing on such (they are just asking for it then).

my 2 cents take it or leave it, I'm nobody special.

I think were all gonna be OK.
images_zps6cdcfe80-1.jpg

Back