When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Don't Like the New Rule

-
Ok, there are probably 2 main things that helped kill the comments on the Sale forum.

If someone does either of these two things, why can't the thread originator ask the "offender" to please remove their comment or the admins just remove. Or have consequences for this activity?

Don't get me wrong, I shake my head plenty when I see ridiculous pricing or certain parting. BUT, let's remember it is still the thread starters prerogative to do either and I just keep my opinions off the thread.

On the other hand, if someone includes a dead rat in the photo, I see nothing wrong .

my 2 cents take it or leave it, I'm nobody special.
Photo deleted

Well.... Brian If you enjoy a funny photo of a dead rat now and then I am sure there are Cabe members that will indulge you. Here is one from me:View attachment 259331
Looks a little big for a rat , but I know first hand Chicago has some big ones.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
FWIW - The policy represents, codifies, a preference for the interests of the seller, as opposed to the community at large. Members who favor it are more interested in maximizing their financial returns than the advancement of the hobby. :(

I don't see any issues with it. If you're a newbie then pm them with your questions. .. If they listed it wrong or you have a general question about the item, again just pm them... it's really not that hard.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The rule doesnt bother me but sellers who have full mailboxes sure does.How will I know if Dave takes Pay Pal now!!!

Most of the time when I see someone post first on a for sale thread "I'll take it" someone has already beat them to the punch by sending a pm anyways... if you don't accept pm, then include your email in the ad.... pretty simple...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One benefit of the new format that I noticed, is that it allows the individual pages to be much larger, so your items for sale don't disappear into obscurity as fast.
One thing that would help that as well, is if, once an item has been marked as sold, it could be bumped to a seperate archival sold page, leaving more room for items still pending.

Back